Listening Party!

Taevis

This idea was partly inspired by the listening club forum, and I have the general outline for how this is gonna work in mind, but I'm curious to see if anyone's interested or how this is gonna play out.

I was thinking that every week, we as a community could listen to one album together, and we could share our thoughts/reactions while it is playing. I just think it'd be really cool to experience an album all together in real-time.

If anyone is interested in this idea, please let me know below. I was thinking each week there could be a Google form where we can vote on a few albums to decide which one to listen to.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or feedback, feel free to post. I'm looking forward to seeing how this is going to turn out.

This weeks' album!
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Sunday, October 6, 8:00 PM EST in the Needles & Grooves room on JQBX

th.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: oak
This idea was partly inspired by the listening club forum, and I have the general outline for how this is gonna work in mind, but I'm curious to see if anyone's interested or how this is gonna play out.

I was thinking that every week, we as a community could listen to one album together, and we could share our thoughts/reactions while it is playing. I just think it'd be really cool to experience an album all together in real-time.

If anyone is interested in this idea, please let me know below. I was thinking each week there could be a Google form where we can vote on a few albums to decide which one to listen to.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or feedback, feel free to post. I'm looking forward to seeing how this is going to turn out.
I really like this idea! Do you have Spotify Premium? If so, we could do it through the N&G JQBX room. Some people already hold "listening parties" in there, although usually it's only one person by themselves. If we actually had a specific time for people to meet and stuff, I think it could definitely happen.

Reactions: oak
I really like this idea! Do you have Spotify Premium? If so, we could do it through the N&G JQBX room. Some people already hold "listening parties" in there, although usually it's only one person by themselves. If we actually had a specific time for people to meet and stuff, I think it could definitely happen.
I don't have Spotify Premium, but I can easily set up a free trial! How does the N&G JQBX room work?

I don't see why everyone can't combine forces, so the listening club can't have a time in the week where everybody gets together on the N&G jukebox to listen together.

What do you reckon @Bohnjaggs ??

Up to you guys how you run your threads, this is just an idea.

I don't see why everyone can't combine forces, so the listening club can't have a time in the week where everybody gets together on the N&G jukebox to listen together.

That sounds like a cool idea!

It's something I've thought about. Coordinating a time to do it is another issue altogether.

If anyone would like to participate, I'm going to do a trial run of the listening party on Sunday, 8:00 PM EST in the Needles & Grooves JQBX room.

For the first album, I'd like to do "In Rainbows" by Radiohead, but in the future, I could set up a voting system for albums to listen to.

If anyone would like to participate, I'm going to do a trial run of the listening party on Sunday, 8:00 PM EST in the Needles & Grooves JQBX room.

For the first album, I'd like to do "In Rainbows" by Radiohead, but in the future, I could set up a voting system for albums to listen to.
A listening party of my favorite album of all time in the JQBX? Yes please :love::love::love:

Let's try to revive this! We've had a lot more JQBXers come aboard since last time. I think the problem is scheduling one where everyone would be able to be there. I want to do a JQBX listening party for my AOTM at some point but have no idea when the best time is.

Let's try to revive this! We've had a lot more JQBXers come aboard since last time. I think the problem is scheduling one where everyone would be able to be there. I want to do a JQBX listening party for my AOTM at some point but have no idea when the best time is.

I would be up for it after all the holidays are over with. Weekends are best for me. Not this as I am binging all the Star Wars mainline movies and spinoffs sans ewoks to catch myself up. I am seeing ROS on Wed.

That’d be so cool! I’m down

Back