Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Thanks! The Torii Jr has been everything I hoped... I loaded it with a new tube array so just kind of letting it all play in at this point.

How long have you had your Zen Triode?
About 14 months now. Still love it as much as the day I first fired it up, maybe more actually now that I've gotten speaker placement as dialed as I reasonably can for a living room. Really wanting nothing in the amp and speaker department paired with the Klipsch. I had a bit of curiosity when a pair of Dirty Weekends went up semi-locally, but I measured and they're just too big a footprint for the space, so that nixed that!

About 14 months now. Still love it as much as the day I first fired it up, maybe more actually now that I've gotten speaker placement as dialed as I reasonably can for a living room. Really wanting nothing in the amp and speaker department paired with the Klipsch. I had a bit of curiosity when a pair of Dirty Weekends went up semi-locally, but I measured and they're just too big a footprint for the space, so that nixed that!

That's a great place to be.. I'll likely regret saying this but unless something unexpected happens, my equipment buying days are about over.

Awesome. Forgot to ask, does the volume knob function as a preamp for the RCA outs as well?
I may not be understanding "preamp", but the volume control does control the volume, you need to turn down the amp volume or switch off the speakers if you have that option.

I may not be understanding "preamp", but the volume control does control the volume, you need to turn down the amp volume or switch off the speakers if you have that option.
Ok great! So it's not a fixed level output on the RCA's. I use the Magni to further "drive" the input of the Decware when not using it with headphones, so I'd want something that functions the same.

Ok great! So it's not a fixed level output on the RCA's. I use the Magni to further "drive" the input of the Decware when not using it with headphones, so I'd want something that functions the same.
I gotcha, my brain was stuck on "preamp" and I'm like, wait, what, it's a headphone amp only, lol

The current state of things in my living/listening room...

2C184E4E-A5E4-4D17-A46C-EBA295FE37EF.JPG
Linn LP12/Ittok LVII - circa 1985 (restored 2015)
Linn Adikt MM cartridge, Hercules 2 - Mose external power supply/speed controller

IMG_6236.jpg
Sutherland Engineering - KC Vibe
Oppo UDP-203 CD/SACD/DVD/Blu-Ray/Roon endpoint
Bluesound Vault 2i - used mostly for ripping/tagging CDs
Parasound Halo P5 preamp
Tascam DA-3000 digital recorder - for vinyl rips to 24/96, 24/192 or DSD, I mostly use 24/96
PrimaLuna Prologue Premium power amp - EL34s at the moment, I often use KT120s
Emotiva AC conditioning/management
WBC interconnects - Canare cable, Amphenol plugs
AC cords - various shielded 12ga and 14ga budget cables (from Amazon, all <1.5m)

IMG_6233.jpg
DIY 2.5 way speakers using Usher Audio 6.5" carbon/paper woofers and 1" silk dome tweeters - built in 2006.
Rythmik F12 servo subwoofer
Sony 65" 4K TV

Attachments

• IMG_6236.jpg
    IMG_6236.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

View attachment 165849
Linn LP12/Ittok LVII - circa 1985 (restored 2018)
Linn Adikt MM cartridge, Hercules 2 - Mose external power supply/speed controller

View attachment 165850
Parasound Halo P5 preamp
Tascam DA-3000 digital recorder - for vinyl rips to 24/96, 24/192 or DSD, I mostly use 24/96
AC cords - various shielded 12ga and 14ga budget cables (from Amazon, all <1.5m)

View attachment 165848
DIY 2.5 way speakers using Usher Audio 6.5" carbon/paper woofers and 1" silk dome tweeters - built in 2006.
Sony 65" 4K TV
That’s reformed? 😆😆😆😆😆

View attachment 165849
Linn LP12/Ittok LVII - circa 1985 (restored 2018)

View attachment 165850
Parasound Halo P5 preamp

View attachment 165848
Sony 65" 4K TV
Very nice! Whats lifting the Oppo above the Vault?

Very nice! Whats lifting the Oppo above the Vault?

They're just self made risers I threw together.
PVC pipe with plywood endcaps, filled with shot and wrapped in vinyl that looks like black brushed/anodized aluminum.
There's no audible tuning/improvement intended or detected - they're just there to hold stuff up.

One issue I have with this setup is fitting/stacking my gear in the limited space I'm currently working with.
As a result there's a hodgepodge of things supporting my gear - door stops, hockey pucks and a couple of DIY stands/risers.
It's the one thing that kind of bothers me about my current setup.

In the coming months I plan to move the Tascam out of the stack and also change the location of the phono preamp and power supply.
This should allow for a neater stack of the remaining gear and a less cluttered space.
I'll also be able to get rid of my kludged together support pieces.

They're just self made risers I threw together.
PVC pipe with plywood endcaps, filled with shot and wrapped in vinyl that looks like black brushed/anodized aluminum.
There's no audible tuning/improvement intended or detected - they're just there to hold stuff up.
Its a great idea to help alleviate space issues.. well done!

Back