Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Changes are nearly complete. Just waiting on some new interconnects and power chords.

Out: Luxman L550, Musical Fidelity M6x Vinyl, Technics SL1210GR, Spendor SP3/1

In: Decware Torii Jr, Rogue RP-1, Heresy IV’s.
2199CC8E-4CA4-4BAE-8D1F-BB5D2F222A04.jpeg

I’m about an hour into listening with the Rogue in the mix and am thrilled with it.

Changes are nearly complete. Just waiting on some new interconnects and power chords.

View attachment 164108

I’m about an hour into listening with the Rogue in the mix and am thrilled with it.

Welcome to Club Rogue

Welcome to Club Rogue

Club Bryston is feeling pretty lonely. I may join @Slimwhit33 in Club Luxman if I can get my hands on a PD-151 or PD-171.

A PD-171 slipped through my hands last week, so it may be a long while before that option comes back again. They are hard to find in the domestic used market and the Japanese versions require a voltage transformer.

The PD151 Mark II is really a fantastic looking/feeling table. Dealer had one set up and I was really taken by it. Around $6k with a dustcover so more than I’d spend. But finding one used in the next 5-10yrs might be a possibility.

The PD151 Mark II is really a fantastic looking/feeling table. Dealer had one set up and I was really taken by it. Around $6k with a dustcover so more than I’d spend. But finding one used in the next 5-10yrs might be a possibility.
They only come up for sale used a couple times a year, which is why I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the PD-171. 🥾 💥

The PD-151 had been reintroduced with a new MK2 since Jelco shutdown and inhibited manufacture of the MK1. Hoping a few more MK1s will hit the used market.

They only come up for sale used a couple times a year, which is why I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the PD-171. 🥾 💥

The PD-151 had been reintroduced with a new MK2 since Jelco shutdown and inhibited manufacture of the MK1. Hoping a few more MK1s will hit the used market.

My dealer offered me his last PD-171 (a floor model) for 40% off a couple years ago.. i didn't jump quick enough and some other lucky person did.. I was bummed at the time..

Been doing a lot more late night vinyl spinning so we grabbed this nice little open box for $250 :)

View attachment 164573

You might be able to swap over the power supply to get the EPS (enhanced power supply) light to go on. Basically swap in a 24v psu and it switches over. I did this with my LPS when I got it and it works, but I’ve never really tested it to see if it makes a massive difference. Might be a cheap thing to do if you ever get the upgrade urge!

You might be able to swap over the power supply to get the EPS (enhanced power supply) light to go on. Basically swap in a 24v psu and it switches over. I did this with my LPS when I got it and it works, but I’ve never really tested it to see if it makes a massive difference. Might be a cheap thing to do if you ever get the upgrade urge!
Interesting, for $13 its probably worth trying :)

Well, that connector is too big. But if I'm measuring the MF included PS it measures 2mm x 1mm, and I can't seem to find that anywhere.
The one I bought (in the UK) has multiple attachments, so I could find the right one. I actually was using the wrong one for quite some time, so it wasn't properly connected. Was leading to massive hum issues, and only then did I check to see if I was using the right tip!

View attachment 164108

Welcome to Club Decware!

Back