Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Argh hum! Damnit!

Sat down and listened to a couple of CDs and some streaming and all was good. Went to put on a record and from nowhere, I’ve hum only on my analogue input. Tearing my hair out here!

Damnit so it seems the Jay’s CD player doesn’t like my DAC via coax, it’s feeding something down it…

• Wow
Reactions: OMC
So this is the latest, and hopefully last for a long time, iteration of the system with all my latest digital bits added. Very happy with the system now!

View attachment 158556View attachment 158557View attachment 158558
Completely unrelated to your main point, but out of interest do you listen to music whilst watching the game? I have been doing just that during this world cup and I have found that not only do I not miss the commentary, but its not really needed.

Completely unrelated to your main point, but out of interest do you listen to music whilst watching the game? I have been doing just that during this world cup and I have found that not only do I not miss the commentary, but its not really needed.

Well I wasn’t so much listening to music then as taking a picture. And actually I can’t and funnily enough it isn’t the commentary, it’s the atmosphere, I struggle to engage without the crowd noise. Could clearly never be an Arsenal fan…

I had been spinning with the Emotiva XPS-1 Phono Stage for a long time now, but recently noticed when my amp (Vincent Audio SV-500) was turned up to half-volume, there was a lot more noise/hiss than expected. I swapped the XPS-1 out with a TCC TC-750 and the noise is gone. As a matter of fact, the TC-750 was dead silent all the way to full-volume. The music is clearer and more life-like with the TC-750. For a phono stage that goes for $43.50 plus another $12 for an upgraded power supply, it's an amazing performer and a bargain to boot. 61DcyzoGbWL.jpg

Here's my latest and most favorite (so far) system configuration.
1. Vincent Audio SV-500 with stock tubes. I tried rolling the 12AX7 with all kinds of NOS tubes but the JJ ECC83s sounds best.
2. Wharfedale Diamond 240s that I got for a song after they were damaged (cosmetic) during shipping.
3. My old faithful Music Hall mmf 1.5 turntable with a dirt cheap but amazing sounding AT91 phono cartridge.
4. Another dirt cheap component, the TCC TC-750 phono preamp with upgraded power supply. Love this thing, as you can see from my previous post.

Happy Listening!

IMG_5494.jpegIMG_5495.jpeg

Last edited:
98922A16-5F31-4F37-8A9F-DD4E6A1F2776.jpeg
Fiancée grabbed these shelves from IKEA - quite nice for some “wall records”! This is actually 4 of them - 2 each mounted side by side. True to ikea fashion they’re not EXACTLY spot on with each other, but it works! Top shelf is hers, and as you can see she is a huge Japanese Breakfast fan. I quite enjoy them as well!

Also this is not “audio hardware,” but damn if that Classic Vinyl Boom Boom cut of Adam’s Apple isn’t freakin perfect. One of those records that makes you forget it’s even playing through a system! Makes it almost forgivable that they forgot to print a title on the spine 😂

View attachment 160419
Fiancée grabbed these shelves from IKEA - quite nice for some “wall records”! This is actually 4 of them - 2 each mounted side by side. True to ikea fashion they’re not EXACTLY spot on with each other, but it works! Top shelf is hers, and as you can see she is a huge Japanese Breakfast fan. I quite enjoy them as well!

Also this is not “audio hardware,” but damn if that Classic Vinyl Boom Boom cut of Adam’s Apple isn’t freakin perfect. One of those records that makes you forget it’s even playing through a system! Makes it almost forgivable that they forgot to print a title on the spine 😂
Love that Sable soundtrack. Loved the game, for that matter.

Current setup.
Old Onkyo AVR for TV media and 2 channel for the tunes.
The Denon just absolutely performs flawless. Nothing to complain about on the unit whatsoever. It seems to be a perfect pairing with the Technics and MC carts.
Recently swapped in some Morrow speaker cables to replace my generic Amazon 12 GA speaker wire. Pleasantly surprised with the sound now.
Hard to quantify but nice subtle improvement overall. Could just be better terminations compared to my half ass exposed copper.

20221117_175118~2.jpg

Back