Kendra Morris 'Nine Lives' Pre-Order Custom Collage Sleeve Contest (Winner: @Lee Newman!)

AndySlash

"BARF!"
Admin
For Needles & Grooves members ONLY, pre-order Kendra Morris' new album 'Nine Lives' and earn an entry into a drawing to win a custom, hand-designed, one-of-a-kind cover sleeve made by Kendra Morris herself!

N&G album of the month alumni @KendraMorris has kindly agreed to put together a collage sleeve for her new record 'Nine Lives' - out on February 18 on Karma Chief Records - to award to a Needles & Grooves member that has pre-ordered the new album. The collage will use the regular album cover sleeve as the base, and Kendra will collage around the primary design. You can see similar collage covers Kendra had done previously for her Babble EP "The 50" project here. Kendra may include other goodies in the package as well! Thank you, @KendraMorris!

To have a chance to win this one-of-a-kind 'Nine Lives' album sleeve prize pack, all one has to do is 1) be a Needles & Grooves member and 2) pre-order Kendra Morris' 'Nine Lives'!

a2322798854_16.jpg

-----

How this will work:

1. One pre-order = one entry. If you ordered multiple copies (such as one copy on vinyl, one copy on digital), you will receive an entry for each individual copy of the album you have purchased. You are free to purchase the album at any retailer of your choosing. There are some links in the following post if you are looking for a place to buy.

2. You must be a registered Needles & Grooves member no later than February 17th, 2022 to be entered into the drawing. Any Needles & Grooves member that has been a registered member since August 18, 2021 (six months or longer prior to release date) will automatically receive one extra entry with proof of pre-order. Only one extra entry will be given to these N&G members regardless of how many copies they have pre-ordered.

3. Proof-of-purchase(s) must be private messaged to @AndySlash no later than 11:59 PM (CST) on February 18th, and the pre-order purchase must be dated no later than February 17th. Any N&G member that has already pre-ordered 'Nine Lives' prior to this announcement is certainly eligible for this drawing. Proof-of-purchase(s) private messages to @AndySlash should be submitted with the following information:

i. A screenshot of your 'Nine Lives' pre-order details (email reciept, order details page, etc.). Please feel free to edit out any personal information that is not relevant to confirming you have placed a 'Nine Lives' pre-order. If there are any questions about your order, @AndySlash will respond to your message directly.
ii. Site where the 'Nine Lives' was purchased (if not obvious in the order screenshot)
iii. If multiple copies of 'Nine Lives' have been pre-ordered, the above must be supplied for each version ordered if this information is not already included the submitted order details.

Submission of this information does not guarantee you will receive a drawing entry. Entry confirmation will only be guaranteed when @AndySlash responds to your submission confirming receipt of your order information and that there are no questions about the status of your order.

4. Within one week of the 'Nine Lives' release date on February 18, all relevant drawing entries will be placed into a randomized generator at random.org to select the winner of the 'Nine Lives' collage sleeve prize pack!

-----

More details will follow as we have them, such as images of the 'Nine Lives' collage sleeve when it is completed and any extra goodies Kendra decides upon are confirmed!

Thank you so much @KendraMorris and @Plaid Room / Colemine for providing our Needles & Grooves community this opportunity!

About 'Nine Lives' and Kendra Morris

Kendra Morris Bandcamp (Digital/CD Only)
Official Colemine Records Site (CD Only)
Plaid Room Records - Indie Exclusive Coke Bottle ClearVinyl
MerchBar (Vinyl/CD)
Amazon (Vinyl/CD)
Norman Records (UK) (Indie Vinyl/CD)

These links are provided as a courtesy and do not endorse any specific retail outlet. You are free to purchase 'Nine Lives' wherever you see fit.

From the label website.

Kendra Morris’s Nine Lives, to be released on Karma Chief Records (a division of Colemine Records) in early 2022, marks not only the culmination of the decade since the release of her first LP Banshee, but also a turning point in Kendra’s life. Nine Lives heralds the beginning of a new chapter; label, and an evolution to the next level of adulthood. This collection of her original songs encapsulates moments from what could be nine lifetimes. Kendra, while very much a New Yorker and veteran of almost 2 decades on the NYC scene, hails from Florida and aesthetically embodies the broader sense of American culture, bringing to her contemporary sound influences found in music and cinema dating back to the mid 20th century. Her music conjures imagery evocative of road trips to weird and wonderful places.

Concurrently a visual artist, filmmaker and animator, Kendra harnesses the feline nine lives metaphor repeatedly. In the context of the chapters of her musical trajectory alone, we see at least 9 lives. From discovering multi-tracking on a karaoke machine as a child, to playing in bands in Florida, moving to NYC and creating music alone on an 8 track, releasing her first 2 LPs on Wax Poetics, releasing her 2016 EP Babble and collaborating with DJ Premier, 9th Wonder, MF Doom, Czarface, Ghostface Killah, Dennis Coffey, and David Sitek, to name a few.

The life of this multi-disciplinarian artist contains units of time and story lines through which we can all relate to universal themes of love, loss and overcoming one's fears. Kendra, never ceasing to heed her spiritual calling to continue creating music and art, no matter what, has no plans of slowing down but a belief in only evolving, eager to begin experiencing her next nine lives.

ok, i've caught up on entries so far. if i missed you or something isn't right, let me know.

is this US only or can international users apply , too?Would pre-orders with local mailorders work, too?

anyone is free to enter, no restrictions for folks outside of the u.s. you are able to order from wherever you like, you just need to be able to show proof of purchase.

I just kinda took this as a given. But I'm also not running the contest.

not a given. i will only know you ordered if you message me the details. i have not been given any order info whatsoever from colemine, to be clear.

if you do have issues posting images in pms, feel free to post them here and message me a link to the post, that way i can respond to your pm with confirmation or questions.

Back