How to Find Where a Member's Posts Reside?

Russ I

Frequently when I search within N&G, I come upon posts from members where there is no indication of which thread the post resides. How do I find such posts in situ? Like this one:

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 12.44.35 AM.png

And this one:

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 12.43.43 AM.png

They're listed as "Profile" posts, which suggests there's a whole 'nother dimension to this site I've never known existed! What's a profile post? and where/how do you see them?

If you scroll to the bottom of the main page, you'll see the profile posts. It's basically people's status posts.
Damn! I never knew that. And do you have to "follow" a person to respond to their profile posts? Is there a way to be alerted about those profile posts? or do you just check out the bottom of that home page when you want to see who's posted?

Damn! I never knew that. And do you have to "follow" a person to respond to their profile posts? Is there a way to be alerted about those profile posts? or do you just check out the bottom of that home page when you want to see who's posted?
I think you can follow people and be alerted yes? But no you don't need to follow to respond. It's all open to whomever.

The bottom of the site just has a chronological list of everyone’s profile posts, but you can dig into individual posters’ history via their profile page.

The bottom of the site just has a chronological list of everyone’s profile posts, but you can dig into individual posters’ history via their profile page.
Hmm, by clicking on that 'Messages' number, looks like? Okay, good to know. And I'll assume that any of those messages I might click on that don't take me to a titled thread must have appeared within profile posts. Thanks!

Back