How Does It Feel (To Post About R.E.M.)?

New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Automatic For the People
Document
Murmur
Reckoning
Lifes Rich Pageant
Fables of the Reconstruction
Out of Time
Green
Monster
Chronic Town
Accelerate
Collapse into Now
Around the Sun
Up

New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Automatic For the People
Document
Murmur
Reckoning
Lifes Rich Pageant
Out of Time
Green
Monster
Chronic Town
Accelerate
Collapse into Now
Around the Sun
Up
My list would look an awful lot like this, maybe swapping Reckoning w LRP, but otherwise very similar.

Fine, I'll post my list.

New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Document
Automatic For the People
Murmur
Lifes Rich Pageant
Reckoning
Out of Time
Chronic Town
Monster
Green
Up
Reveal
Accelerate
Collapse into Now
Around the Sun

I'm a big Around the Sun defender. It doesn't really sound like an REM album but there's a lot of good stuff on there.

Are we doing lists now? I always find it so hard to rank their albums but here's my best shot.

Life's Rich Pageant
Document
New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Automatic For the People
Murmur
Chronic Town
Monster
Reckoning
Around the Sun
Up
Green
Accelerate
Out of Time
Collapse into Now
Reveal

so i went to this last night:

image1-1024x1024.jpeg

and man, it was a LOT of fun. if you are in a position to go you really should. band was good and while they stayed true to the songs they added their own bits to some of them like an extended outro to perfect circle. michael shannon is no michael stipe vocally but he very clearly loved getting into and performing these songs. definitely weird seeing zod singing old r.e.m. songs (and true to form he refused to play superman). country feedback was my highlight- wholly unexpected. the last part of the show they were totally winging it- crowd was into it so they just kept playing, ended up being close to 2 1/2 hours. looks like we got a good chunk of reckoning, which i guess they are playing on two-night stands, as a result.

(Murmur)
Radio Free Europe
Pilgrimage
Laughing
Talk About the Passion
Moral Kiosk
Perfect Circle
Catapult
Sitting Still
9-9
Shaking Through
We Walk
West of the Fields
There She Goes Again (The Velvet Underground cover)

(Chronic Town)
Wolves, Lower
Gardening at Night
Carnival of Sorts (Boxcars)
Stumble

Swan Swan H
Second Guessing
Letter Never Sent
Pretty Persuasion
Crazy (Pylon cover)
Country Feedback
These Days

So. Central Rain
Little America
(Don't Go Back to) Rockville
Nightswimming
Driver 8
Just a Touch

FYI since I know you’re a fan, check out the murmur 33 1/3 book, one of the best in the series imo.

Good to know! I'll probably pick it up next time Bloomsbury has a sale.

Flash Sale on Bloomsbury Canada this week, so 30% off with a free shipping threshold of $40. Three 33 1/3 books is $46, so I ordered R.E.M., CAN and Devo!

So, since i just stumbled over that searching for the Vic Chesnutt Tiny desk concert, i decided to post this here cause this seems ( unfortunatekly ) not be widely known. It´s a nice duet Michael Stipe did with Vc Chesnutt did for the soundtrack to Wim Wenders movie " the end of violence", which unfortunately never got a vinyl issue. But i absolutely love this song

Back