Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

I think I get your point. She made one album that was really good... and that's actually the only thing she did. (Come on, does anybody count that snoozefest of the Unplugeed as a real album?). And if in 20 years you have made only one album, and that album is good, then of course you get a perfect ratio.
I mean, she was a big part of both The Fugees and Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit so I think you are selling her a little short. Also, we wouldn’t have Kanye’s “All Falls Down” if she hadn’t put out that unplugged album. To the bigger point: Misseducation is a stone classic. Putting out one amazing record is more than most will ever do. I think most people rate her about right.

Last edited:
I mean, she was a big part of both The Fugees and Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit so I think you are selling her a tittle short. Also, we wouldn’t have Kanye’s “All Falls Down” if she hadn’t put out that unplugged album. To the bigger point: Misseducation is a stone classic. Putting out one amazing record is more than most will ever do. I think most people rate her about right.

She was also an elevator operator in the 1993 depression-era period film, King Of The Hill which featured Adrian Brody and Spalding Gray.

I think she's overrated as a rapper. Most people don't have enough knowledge of women emcees, so they just throw her in as a top tier rapper, because it's all they know. It's the same reason why we got an Erykah Badu album so quickly out the gate from the R&HH track and why Rhianna and Beyonce always seem to be included on flyers for things like women in hip hop nights at clubs.

She's not overrated as far as her solo album is concerned. Speaking of Kanye, though... I have my own hot take

She was also an elevator operator in the 1993 depression-era period film, King Of The Hill which featured Adrian Brody and Spalding Gray.

I think she's overrated as a rapper. Most people don't have enough knowledge of women emcees, so they just throw her in as a top tier rapper, because it's all they know. It's the same reason why we got an Erykah Badu album so quickly out the gate from the R&HH track and why Rhianna and Beyonce always seem to be included on flyers for things like women in hip hop nights at clubs.

She's not overrated as far as her solo album is concerned. Speaking of Kanye, though... I have my own hot take
Did....did you just underrate Erykah Badu!?!?!?! FOR SHAME!

The Soulquarians can do NO WRONG!

Have to get this one off my chest:

Highway 61 Revisited is overrated AF

Yes I've heard this record plenty of times, and it's obviously a great record. I just don't see how so many people call this Bob's best. The organ is cool I guess, but to me the songwriting is pretty weak besides the two bookend tracks. IMO, BIABH, Blonde on Blonde and John Wesley Harding are all much stronger records. This one just isn't my favorite, and I've given it a fair shake in mono, stereo, CD, vinyl and more.

Did....did you just underrate Erykah Badu!?!?!?! FOR SHAME!

The Soulquarians can do NO WRONG!

What I said is that, because of a lack of broader knowledge of women rappers, people start ranking artists that aren't really rappers in that category. They only know about 3 names, so every black woman gets categorized as a rapper, regardless of what kind of music they actually make. So, yes, I wouldn't put Erykah Badu on my top emcee list

What I said is that, because of a lack of broader knowledge of women rappers, people start ranking artists that aren't really rappers in that category. They only know about 3 names, so every black woman gets categorized as a rapper, regardless of what kind of music they actually make. So, yes, I wouldn't put Erykah Badu on my top emcee list
Oooooooooooo. I totally misread your initial post in that case. My bad! Carry on!

I'm not a big music festivals guy (been to a few), but it seems like from the outside that music has taken the backseat at music festivals.
It's for Upper middle class/rich kids to dress "crazy" and celebrate how "weird" they are despite they bullied kids in school that were different or couldn't afford designer clothes. That and doing drugs. The lame ones.
Or at least alot of festivals are like that

It's for Upper middle class/rich kids to dress "crazy" and celebrate how "weird" they are despite bullying kids in school that were different or couldn't afford designer clothes. That and doing drugs. The lame ones.
Or at least alot of festivals are like thag

and branding and social media success and scouting areas for that perfect shot.

why do music festivals need Ferris wheels now?

Rico Nasty>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cardi B
Neither of them really do it for me I am more of a L’Trimm fan...

Really though, was not familiar with Megan Thee Stallion until I caught her verse on the new Maxo Kream album but she seems legit and her bars on that XXL Freshman Class cypher was straight fire. Her and Da Baby were crazy good while the other two were comically awful. If you haven’t seen it yet check it out...

Really though, was not familiar with Megan Thee Stallion until I caught her verse on the new Maxo Kream album but she seems legit and her bars on that XXL Freshman Class cypher was straight fire. Her and Da Baby were crazy good while the other two were comically awful. If you haven’t seen it yet check it out...

It's Megan's Hot Girl Summer and we are all just living through it. Fever rules.

I did not enjoy amusement park rides when I was tripping. Then again I also hate heights so that probably didn't help
I more meant the 9th hour part. You're practically back to normal 9 hours in. Also tripping on amusement park rides is a blast, but to be fair I think everything is a blast while tripping.

Back