Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

I took some pictures lol

It doesn’t line up with the concrete and this one side has it where there is a gap. When we moved in on Sunday it was raining so you could see it leaking into the garage. I think we definitely need new doors and the ground in front repaired so it seals completely. Which leads me to believe it might need to be redone.

View attachment 200602View attachment 200603
Those look like areas that someone has already patched. I'll wager that they popped again because of freeze-thaw. Putting more concrete or another patch on that would probably pop again. But seriously not a reason to rip a whole garage up.

You could probably again DIY it and get some good results but I think you would need an angle grinder with a good concrete wheel and SERIOUSLY DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH GRINDING CONCRETE WITHOUT A NIOSH APPROVED RESPIRATOR!!!! Silicosis is real and there is no cure... You'd then put down some sort of leveling compound and paint the whole thing to get a uniform look.

If someone tells you it's a gut job... then get a second and third opinion.

Last edited:
Those look like areas that someone has already patched. I'll wager that they popped again because of freeze-thaw. Putting more concrete or another patch on that would probably pop again. But seriously not a reason to rip a whole garage up.

You could probably again DIY it and get some good results but I think you would need an angle grinder with a good concrete wheel and SERIOSULY DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH GRINDING CONCRETE WITHOUT A NIOSH APPROVED RESPIRATOR!!!! Silicosis is real and there is no cure... You'd then put down some sort of leveling compound and paint the whole thing to get a uniform look.

If someone tells you it's a gut job... then get a second and third opinion.
Yeah, it may not need a gut job, but it may need to be grind down and redone in some sections. Which is why I'd be okay with someone with more knowhow on concrete installation to do it properly. that seems more than a simple DIY job from my perspective so I'll just have to see what this person recommends and how much it might cost. If I was paying for this 100% myself I'd probably just grab a bag of concrete and start patching. I appreciate the help and advice!!

Back