Hip Hop

Feel like it falls off quick though. For as good of an ear for beats West has, I can’t understand why there are so many awful trap beats on this thing. I’m not against artists trying new things (I actually really enjoyed Kostas), but Miguel the Plug has to have some crazy dirt on West because the beats he produced are just plain awful imo.

This sounds like there are 2 separate albums thrown into one & it makes for a really jarring listening experience. Doubt this will grow on me.
This is a take I absolutely agree with. There's some really nice highlights, but just some unredeemable tracks that would be a nightmare to skip on record. Some of the beats feel like they weren't even what West was rapping over originally. It's all over the place and there's no rhythm to it. I could make really good EP or even a shorter LP out of this. In hindsight, missing out on the Daupe drop isn't looking too bad right now.

Still not sure what to think about it .. part of me thinks that this guy is way over is head, thinking hes pushing some boundaries with this one - i dont thonk he is, it pretty much all over the place
Or hes thinking that he can release whatever the fuck he wants because people still buy it - i think hed be right on with that.

Still not sure what to think about it .. part of me thinks that this guy is way over is head, thinking hes pushing some boundaries with this one - i dont thonk he is, it pretty much all over the place
Or hes thinking that he can release whatever the fuck he wants because people still buy it - i think hed be right on with that.
Can't wait to see what he starts posting on social media after he sees all the negativity regarding this release.

did we allready miss this on HHV or did they not open the preorder yet ? 🤷‍♂️
Looks like it’s gone already, didn’t get no notification from HHV. Seems too quick to sell out but you never know, tbf it was 90 min after the vinylreleases post but still. This is winding me up, could have bundled a few other bits from them.
backwoodz will still get more, I’ll hopefully be going to the We Buy tour show in London but not sure if they’ll have this there.

Edit: someone on reddit thinks they’ll restock at HHV but in my experience they haven’t with bits I’ve wanted.

Looks like it’s gone already, didn’t get no notification from HHV. Seems too quick to sell out but you never know, tbf it was 90 min after the vinylreleases post but still. This is winding me up, could have bundled a few other bits from them.
backwoodz will still get more, I’ll hopefully be going to the We Buy tour show in London but not sure if they’ll have this there.

Edit: someone on reddit thinks they’ll restock at HHV but in my experience they haven’t with bits I’ve wanted.

sucks... doesnt seem hhv posted about it anywhere either . i didnt see them when i looked earlier at all. oh well ...
ill let you know if i see em pop up again.

Sounds like same deal as the backwoodz site release yesterday:

Maybe I'm losing my mind but I'm on my 3rd listen through and I'm actually diggin' this new Gunn a lot.
91cle05iyhk81.gif

Some of the beats feel like they weren't even what West was rapping over originally.
YES!!!! I listened to about half the album earlier today and it's not even that there are a lot of trap beats, it's that Gunn has no fucking clue how to rhyme over them in a way that it sounds like he must have been rhyming over a different beat... but it's probably his way of claiming it as his own brand of art.

Enjoying the new Mike album. If it was cheaper I’d consider buying the cd with a bonus disc, but I don’t even have a standard cd player so $40 is no deal for me. Hopefully a vinyl drop soon.

As someone who considers himself a major Gunn Stan, I am incredibly disappointed with this album. I have no problem with trap beats. Future is actually one of my favorite rappers. But if you’re Westside Gunn and you want to rap over trap beats, why are you going to Miguel the plug instead of, I don’t know, Metro Boomin, or Southside, or anybody from the 808 mafia, for example. I didn’t hate all the trap tracks, I just hate the ones with the garbage beats. And West definitely does not understand how to flow over those beats either, so I’m not really sure why he was so enamored with the style. I’m hoping it’ll grow on me, but I doubt it.

That said, the new Jay Worthy album with Kamaiyah and Harry Fraud is complete fire. It’s one of the best listens front to back that I’ve heard all year. Harry Fraud gets a little credit, but I really don’t think he gets enough respect. He’s one of the most consistent producers in the game. He doesn’t miss very often. I wasn’t all that familiar with Kamaiyah, but I will be checking her out now. Her solo track Entrepreneur is one of my favorite songs of the year.

"This is a very Griselda way of doing this"

I said something similar on another forum a few days ago. Gunn is just doing what he always does and rapping with that same odd timing flow that he's been using. He's just doing it while also bridging trap and boom bap together. Not necessarily "going trap", but bringing trap into his world.

I can't fully explain why but I'm loving it lol. I think it's a special energy about this tape that is just right up my alley.

I'm dubbing this shit "Boom Trap" ™

Trademark pending. AKp0IXI.png

I said something similar on another forum a few days ago. Gunn is just doing what he always does and rapping with that same odd timing flow that he's been using. He's just doing it while also bridging trap and boom bap together. Not necessarily "going trap", but bringing trap into his world.

I can't fully explain why but I'm loving it lol. I think it's a special energy about this tape that is just right up my alley.

Trademark pending. View attachment 184735

Wait .. theres another forum ? 😉

Maybe I'm losing my mind but I'm on my 3rd listen through and I'm actually diggin' this new Gunn a lot.

Trademark pending. View attachment 184735

i loved about half of it...maybe even 13-14 tracks. A little over saturated but there is an album of heat within the sprawling tracklist

Back