Hip Hop

Damn, the dudes from The Opioid Era put up the last 10 of their self-titled album on their site, but I just cannot justify spending $100 on it. I ended up not picking one up on the initial drop because the shipping to the U.S. was more expensive than the record and they indicated that they would have some for sale in the US. Really bummed because this is one of my favorite underground records of the year.

And I’m a Chance fan, as a Chicago dude, I’m always pulling for him and he’s a king around here no matter what neighborhood you’re at. Not too many artists have that kind of love in this city.

For me, I struggle to even come up with a standout track after one spin

I saw the list of producers and writers on Pitchfork and thought to myself "that's a lot of producers for a project" and then realized that the list was only for the first song.

I haven't dived much into the album yet, but usually when there's a ton of writers on a track it is most likely due to samples used.

@Enaz Fox I got distracted by Chance but I did finish the Crime album. I didnt like it as much as Wet Dirt but I think the production just didnt click with me.

Understandable, I’ve been really into Muggs releases this year so this was right up my alley. Production was the thing that I didn’t enjoy about the chance album (same with Coloring Book) so I get it 100%.

Last edited:
Back