Hip Hop

I think when he means mumble rap, he means like mumble rap from 2015 onwards.
I didn't even realize Anticon had shit that could be considered mumble rap

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but I feel like Dose and Ped were forefathers to the mumble rap thing. I also think they took a page out of Jemini The Gifted One's book too.. but that's the problem with being old. everything old is new again.

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but I feel like Dose and Ped were forefathers to the mumble rap thing. I also think they took a page out of Jemini The Gifted One's book too.. but that's the problem with being old. everything old is new again.

If the mumble rappers "champion" is playboi carti then I think your wrong lol

Oh yeah, I know what you mean by scary lol. The show I was at was literally the night after they had just done Jimmy Kimmel (or Fallon) which was their first TV appearance. And it was in a bar that maybe had a 150 person capacity and there were easily 300 people in there. I think we even got on MTV because they were there covering it.

Holy shit this is wild, goosebumps

You know its mumble rap when the song could be in chinese but you dont even realize cause the words are just random noises that make no sense except for maybe a hook

Yep. Rough just like I like it.

You like Big Body by Schoolboy Q? off Blank Face (2016)

Or The Purge off Oxymoron?

This is your 101 education on mumble rap.

Wouldn't be a hip-hop discussion without at least 1 link to a Hopsin track.

But to further your point.. first time I heard Commas by Future, it was in the movie Keanu, and I honest to god, thought it was a song by Key & Peele mocking 'mumble rap' until I googled it and found out that, no, it was, in fact, a hit song by Future.

Wouldn't be a hip-hop discussion without at least 1 link to a Hopsin track.

But to further your point.. first time I heard Commas by Future, it was in the movie Keanu, and I honest to god, thought it was a song by Key & Peele mocking 'mumble rap' until I googled it and found out that, no, it was, in fact, a hit song by Future.

The top comment just kills me

"
That part when he said " icuouthnutvbsdveszvjur" I felt that... "

Im waiting to buy that album on vinyl before I hear it.
Are you telling me that track is mumble rap? Why you want to hurt me so :(

No just giving u Tyler production from 2016 that is raw like u like it. Just showing u he can change but some things haven't :)

Hey did any of you all catch this album from 2018? I was looking for recent Tyler production and realized he did half these songs. (1,3,5,7,8)

Love this album and his track with Andre 3K even tho it isn't his song

One of my favorite 3K verses from recent times

Back