Hip Hop

Can you list your favorite album by each? I like adding a full album to a Spotify playlist and listening to new recs in the gym. I prefer full albums, if you can, I'd appreciate the extra time! Thanks!

Quelle Chris - can't pick a favorite. Everything is Fine w/ Jean Grae is fantastic, but Shotgun and Sleek Rifle is also one I play a lot. I like most of his albums
Denmark Vessey - Martin Lucid Dream
Nolan the Ninja - his new album Sportee is great. Yen and He(art) were the ones that got me hooked
Black Thought - Streams of Thought Vol. 1 is short, but it's heat.
Clear Soul Forces - new album Still is good
Blu and Exile - Below the Heavens is a classic and most people would probably recommend this one. I really like Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them and recommend it.
Oddisee - People Hear What They See

Quelle Chris - can't pick a favorite. Everything is Fine w/ Jean Grae is fantastic, but Shotgun and Sleek Rifle is also one I play a lot. I like most of his albums
Denmark Vessey - Martin Lucid Dream
Nolan the Ninja - his new album Sportee is great. Yen and He(art) were the ones that got me hooked
Black Thought - Streams of Thought Vol. 1 is short, but it's heat.
Clear Soul Forces - new album Still is good
Blu and Exile - Below the Heavens is a classic and most people would probably recommend this one. I really like Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them and recommend it.
Oddisee - People Hear What They See
Thanks! I will listen to all of these and let you know what I dig!

Do people really rank Pimp C over Bun B? I always thought it was the opposite, but shows what I know. The thing with picks like Bun or Fab is they still got major label deals.. so at least they got a shot? I was thinking more along the lines of someone like Breezely Brewin who almost had a major label deal but only had it all fall apart and he became sort've an underground legend.. or did he? I don't know anymore.

I dont know if most people put Pimp over Bun as a rapper but he was by far the more charismatic member and therefore takes some of the shine away from Bun. Also I think most casual hip hop fans think of Pimps verses on Big Pimpin and Int'l Players Anthem when thinking of UGK. Anyone who really knows them, knows Bun is one of the greatest ever, but I dont think casual fans regard him the same way. Thats why hes the most underrated to me. If we are talking independent rapper's my knowledge isnt as deep in the pre-internet era so I would have to go with Oddisee. I love everything he puts out and he should be much bigger than he is.

Listen to the album here (or elsewhere):

Am I the only one who thought it was going to be more of a rap album? 5 tracks in and only a couple short verses? Really digging the synths though.

*ha, edited a bit because for some reason i wasn't counting the spoken wordy/verse part in track 3 and track 4 really doesn't count

Cool, haven't been following too closely except a couple of those clips he posted, which didn't have any rap in them i don't think. The first 3 tracks are definitely not what I expected. Diggin' it though, wasn't saying that was a bad thing if that's how it came off.

Cool, haven't been following too closely except a couple of those clips he posted, which didn't have any rap in them i don't think. The first 3 tracks are definitely not what I expected. Diggin' it though, wasn't saying that was a bad thing if that's how it came off.
Would’ve loved me some Potato Salad on vinyl... Yum yum.

SPECIAL_VINYL__35637.1558022430.jpg

This been posted in here yet? 30 yankie dollars.. great value

Back