Hip Hop

Tha God Fahim almost got me to bite on Soul Eater, but I just couldn’t drop that much. I was on his Bandcamp the night before he added new stuff, thinking of grabbing Dark Shogunn Vol 2 and Dreams of Medina 2. Ultimately turned both those down because of shipping prices, AND honestly I’ve had a few of the lowtech presses plus a couple of his own and they aren’t the best sounding vinyl. Been going through some of his albums recently that I don’t listen to as much as others. Thinking about just grabbing some blank tapes from my local and trying to record a mix of favorite tracks.

Oh, I’m stoned I meant to just pop in and post a pic of some nice sealed tapes that came in the mail. Over here mumbling about TGF. Anyway, found God Sound a few days after buying the vinyl repress 🙄

View attachment 101075

When you get a new tape do you clone it and put the original away safe?
My experience with cassettes as a kid was they always eventually ruined themselves with play.
Dont imagine they living very long unless cassette technology has drastically improved.

When you get a new tape do you clone it and put the original away safe?
My experience with cassettes as a kid was they always eventually ruined themselves with play.
Dont imagine they living very long unless cassette technology has drastically improved.

nah I just play them. I grew up with tapes and they’ll last if you treat them well. I’m also not playing them all the time tbh. Newer tapes are kind of a mixed bag. I look for sealed copies of older tapes so they aren’t dirty or worn. My cassette deck is pretty decent so I’m not worried about it eating them.

Last edited:
Back