Hip Hop

Mmmm I respect this! For me, the best rapper is André 3000, then Notorious B.I.G., then NaS, then Kendrick Lamar and finally MF DOOM.

Ready to Die > Life After Death > Me Against The World > All Eyez On Me

It’s close between Life After Death and Me Against The World though! Both incredible albums! ♥️
my top 5 G.O.A.T. Rapper/MC list
1.Pac
2.Biggie
3.3 Stacks
4.Nas
5.Scarface

Hard to argue with your trimming logic its very true. Staples isn't a double length feature to me in the same breath as Life After Death or AEOM. Its too short so yes its an unfair advantage and I'm a massive Vince Staples fan
100%! Like @dhodo said, it’s definitely an artistic decision! Just like with Beyoncé’s I Am...Sasha Fierce!

I’m also a massive Vince Staples fan. It’s been a few years since that Vince Staples x Kenny Beats project ‘FM’ dropped. I’m so keen for a Vince Staples album! I love Vince; he’s got so much swag!!

100%! Like @dhodo said, it’s definitely an artistic decision! Just like with Beyoncé’s I Am...Sasha Fierce!

I’m also a massive Vince Staples fan. It’s been a few years since that Vince Staples x Kenny Beats project ‘FM’ dropped. I’m so keen for a Vince Staples album! I love Vince; he’s got so much swag!!
Vince is awesome. I personally play more Vince than I do any other artists from the Kendrick Cole generation tbh

Just got shipping notice in Alfredo from official site. Shipping from not too far so hopefully have soon.

Checking that one off the list now NOMTW is gonna be my annoying one 😂

Just got shipping notice in Alfredo from official site. Shipping from not too far so hopefully have soon.

this year has taught me patience. I think. actually it hasn't. it taught that if I keep ordering records something will eventually show up. I also got a notice for Alfredo.

[Q

I'm surprised these haven't shipped yet, just FYI people have been getting the second batch delivered sporadically over the last 3 weeks (BGL always reshares folks who tag him I'm their stories with pictures of their newly-recieved albums). So I'd expect it anytime now... (!) Unfortunately DRW few seems to be flooded with FKTAG related messages bc they seem to have stopped answering messages, or at least mine, whereas they are usually pretty responsive.

[Q

I'm surprised these haven't shipped yet, just FYI people have been getting the second batch delivered sporadically over the last 3 weeks (BGL always reshares folks who tag him I'm their stories with pictures of their newly-recieved albums). So I'd expect it anytime now... (!) Unfortunately DRW few seems to be flooded with FKTAG related messages bc they seem to have stopped answering messages, or at least mine, whereas they are usually pretty responsive.
Yeah I saw people starting to get the latest stock. I also ordered FKTG so I'm not sure if at this point they are just waiting to combine or what. Sent a message to check on it but I'm sure they're flooded. Not too worried as they've been legit before from what I've read

I wish it was a cheaper drop :ROFLMAO::cautious:

If it was 30$ it wouldve sold out in 3 seconds and u probably wouldnt of been fast enough.
But now its $$$ you might get 30 seconds to get one lol

Always find the positive? LOL

It looks like flippers for ALCHs latest drop are experiencing a bit of regret.
It seems to be selling for 175$ atm which is only a tad higher then its actual price.
Going by how many of them are for sale right now you could probably assume atleast 1/4 only bought to flip
Feels bad for that guy who insta bought one at like 300 USD a few mins after they sold out officially.

If it was 30$ it wouldve sold out in 3 seconds and u probably wouldnt of been fast enough.

It seems to be selling for 175$ atm which is only a tad higher then its actual price.
Going by how many of them are for sale right now you could probably assume atleast 1/4 only bought to flip
Feels bad for that guy who insta bought one at like 300 USD a few mins after they sold out officially.
I don't think Ka's albums have ever been hard to get at normal prices unless you slept on them until they were out of print. Most vinyl isn't like the Griselda/alc/daupe/drw bullshit.

Here you go again with more of the bullshit. If he can't sell them out at $100, then a flipper would be struggling to move it at 100. What's the difference? Right there, your angle dies on the vine. You want these at $100, so you don't have to buy it off someone else for $80.

It's the limited pressing numbers. Press twice as many and sell them for 50. Shit, press 1k and sell them for $45.

Your logic is consistently elitist as shit. You act like it's some noble cause to "price out flippers," which is an umproven and false narrative that makes zero fucking sense. You just admitted it didn't price people out for ALC and they might lose money. Things sell for what they sell for. Instead, you just want to price out people who don't have disposable income. As someone who has been collecting vinyl since the 90s, I can blame a whole lot of people for fucking up these prices in a hobby they popped in late for with some hype beast novelty mentaliry, and the "flippers" aren't at the top of it.

I also find it interesting how so many people go onto Discogs to bitch about how heartless the secondary market is, while wishing death on resellers for being bums with no better way to make money. Meanwhile, they are praying for more capitalism, higher prices, and trying to collect music to fetishize poverty, income inequality, drug dealing, murder, and pimping. A hustler mentality is a hustler mentality. Asking for exclusive high priced items to keep out the riff raff is an elitist one.

Last edited:
Back