Hip Hop

Well it depends on what you mean by mainstream, to me it doesn't get more mainstream than signing a massive deal then going number 1 with an album they made at Abbey Road.

I don't see Boy Bye as any more or less mainstream sounding than what they were going for since Saturation 1 though.

Mainstream to me is when they on the radio/media endlessly and its broke out of the genre to a point even people who dont really listen to that genre know and love them.

"household name"

People always post the same vinyl over n over in the hiphop vinyl sub.
I wonder if in a few years the same popular releases will change lol

I did the FatBeats bundle. No tax, free shipping $110.99 out the door. If you just want/need a couple of these Plaid Room has the LP for $26.99 a piece. And the EP for $24.99.
I gotta an email with the pressing #’s too...View attachment 14544
I have gone back and forth on these sooooo much. I don't need em', I don't need em'! But damn it, Beastie Boys are my favorite R&HH and I will regret it once they sell out... Help!

Lol is this Phonte from Little Brother? I kind of knew that alter ego was gonna die off at some point.
Yeah. I don't know when the last time he did Percy on an album was but I guess he brought him back for that show a couple months ago. On the new album there is a skit where someone says he is dead, hence the R.I.P.

Edit: Cheatin' is a classic though!

I have gone back and forth on these sooooo much. I don't need em', I don't need em'! But damn it, Beastie Boys are my favorite R&HH and I will regret it once they sell out... Help!

Yeah man I’d skip those. First off the pressing numbers are too high imo to make it worth it just for colored vinyl and there are way too many other pressings of those albums to make it worth it for me and I love The Beasties too. I wonder why they didn’t do License to Ill

Yeah man I’d skip those. First off the pressing numbers are too high imo to make it worth it just for colored vinyl and there are way too many other pressings of those albums to make it worth it for me and I love The Beasties too. I wonder why they didn’t do License to Ill
They did a 30th anniversary version recently, right? Maybe that's why.

They did a 30th anniversary version recently, right? Maybe that's why.
Yeah, so it appears as 2 of the 4 upcoming releases are new pressings. Both Paul’s Boutique and the Roots Down EP will be pressed in both black and colored wax. Paul’s Boutique has been repressed recently but until now they were single disc pressings the new pressing will be the first 2xLP version meaning it will likely be louder and carry more bass than the single disc version. The Roots Down EP I do not believe has ever been repressed before so this will be the first repress of that. It has the Roots Down single then like 7 live cuts from a European festival. Ill Communication and To The 5 Burroughs both have been recently repressed in 2xLP black wax and while I haven’t heard TT5B, Ill Communication sounds great. So, it really just comes down to what you are looking for, I own Paul’s Boutique and Ill Communication already but would like the 2xLP version of PB. I do not yet own the EP or TT5B so being as I was already in the market for 3 of the 4 I just figured I might as well grab all 4.

The colored pressings of The Roots Down EP and PB are both limited to 3,000 and the Ill Communication and TT5B are getting 4,000. My guess all the colored press will eventually sell out with PB selling out the soonest. The Beastie Boys are one of those groups that it’s okay for people who don’t like hip-hop to like so I think these will sell out.

I would also be willing to bet that we will get a colored pressing of Check Your Head, Hello Nasty, The Mix Up, and Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2 within the next year or so.

Yeah, so it appears as 2 of the 4 upcoming releases are new pressings. Both Paul’s Boutique and the Roots Down EP will be pressed in both black and colored wax. Paul’s Boutique has been repressed recently but until now they were single disc pressings the new pressing will be the first 2xLP version meaning it will likely be louder and carry more bass than the single disc version. The Roots Down EP I do not believe has ever been repressed before so this will be the first repress of that. It has the Roots Down single then like 7 live cuts from a European festival. Ill Communication and To The 5 Burroughs both have been recently repressed in 2xLP black wax and while I haven’t heard TT5B, Ill Communication sounds great. So, it really just comes down to what you are looking for, I own Paul’s Boutique and Ill Communication already but would like the 2xLP version of PB. I do not yet own the EP or TT5B so being as I was already in the market for 3 of the 4 I just figured I might as well grab all 4.

The colored pressings of The Roots Down EP and PB are both limited to 3,000 and the Ill Communication and TT5B are getting 4,000. My guess all the colored press will eventually sell out with PB selling out the soonest. The Beastie Boys are one of those groups that it’s okay for people who don’t like hip-hop to like so I think these will sell out.

I would also be willing to bet that we will get a colored pressing of Check Your Head, Hello Nasty, The Mix Up, and Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2 within the next year or so.
Thanks for this. I am in 100% agreement. At the end of the day, I should probably grab em :)

Yeah I have the 30th anniversary ILL Communication or it’s 25th or something. Nothing really special about it tbh.
Yeah there was a 15th anniversary edition last pressed in 2009 (and is still readily available) it is a gatefold 2xLP pressing and sounds great. I wish more Hip-Hop records were pressed with this level of quality.

Back