Hip Hop

Thanks for all the suggestions people! Got a lot of homework to do! On another note has anyone bought the Respect The Classics Like Water For Chocolate 2LP? Does it sound good? One of my favorite albums ever and would love to own on vinyl. Also am I the only one who thinks Nag Champa is Dillas best beat?

I think that’s the version that I have. You talking about the green and white one? If so, I think it sounds pretty damn good on my setup. Nag Champa is my favorite song on the album and is definitely a top 3 dilla beat for me.

wonder why they bothered to sign with Shady. Seems they sell records fine on they own.

Totally agree. Only reason I can think of is that Shady might have a bigger distribution and promotion network than Daupe.

The song Conway just released with Em already has 3x as many plays as his next song. Think this maybe why.
1C62411D-6141-4ABF-BA3E-85B30C68F96B.png

Three motherfucking words. Mach Motherfucking Hommy.

I was drinking a bunch yesterday and wanted to troll, so I went to your hip hop vinyl subreddit. I had this whole 2 paragraph write up done on Mach Hommy. Including why his vinyl prices are justifiable, how he needs a Ron Howard produced, motion picture, based loosely on his life, starring him, to come out asap. Oh, and how if Ron is scared to it, his son Clint Howard needs to step up for the culture because Mach Hommy is one of the most polarizing figures in the game.

I was like, oh Clint is gonna be like WHO TF!!?!?!? Then i forgot what happened but somehow it didn't post and i didnt wanna go back and re type it all

Last edited:
I flip flop between the machine and the butcher. WSG is my least fav though and it was further confirmed when he didn’t freestyle on the Sway video I watched. Anyone ever seen him freestyle?

He never freestyles. Ever. Any "freestyle" video is him introducing Conway and/or Benny and that's about it. Even going back to the original Shady freestyle session with all of them.

He never freestyles. Ever. Any "freestyle" video is him introducing Conway and/or Benny and that's about it. Even going back to the original Shady freestyle session with all of them.

Makes sense. I remember reading an interview as well where he talked about how he's the only one that actually writes his shit during a recording session. Conway and Benny just step in the booth and lay it down off the top. What'd you think of Eminem's verse in that Conway song? While I respect what he's done, I kind of wish he would just go away at this point, cant stand the way he raps now, but that's obviously just my opinion.

Back