Hip Hop

People's definition of what is classic varies. This isn't really a new thing. I'm surprised you don't think any hip-hop albums this year have been great since I can think of 3 right off the top. How do you define a great album?

i think i used great in that context as analogous to classic. I didn't think Illmatic was a classic til probably like 2005-2007 era so this is not a new thing. I just think classic is way overused.

My take on the Chance album, which I’ve listened to like three times, to quote @gouis , “it’s fine.”

I definitely wanted to like it more than I did.

If I’m completely honest, Gray Area is the only rap album to hold my attention this year.
No idea where your hip hop tastes fall but I feel obliged to tell you to check out Quelle Chris - Guns and billy woods & Kenny Segal - Hiding Places if you haven't yet. They're both in my top ten for the year.

Where does one start with milo?
Since nobody else has, I'd recommend Who Told You To Think as well. That and So the Flies Don't Come are peak Milo imo. Not to say everything else isn't good too though.

This is the only track he's put out under the new name R.A.P. Ferreira and it is great. However, he's made comments that make it seem like it sounds different from the other stuff he's working on, so who knows what the shows will be like.

i think i used great in that context as analogous to classic. I didn't think Illmatic was a classic til probably like 2005-2007 era so this is not a new thing. I just think classic is way overused.
It seems to me that people are talking “classic” given the constraints of the clue: a “classic” Def Jam album from the last 10 years. I agree, calling something classic that was released in the last 10 years is kind of silly but consider who’s giving the clues.

That said, I’ll go to bat for Pilot Talk as a classic but that’s from a big fan of Spitta.

As someone who thoroughly enjoyed Iridescence... this does not give me hope for this next album. At all. It's just the same old bag of tricks. It doesn't get me hyped up or emotional or anything, I'm just like "yup, that sure does sound like Brockhampton"
just realized i'm actually wearing a Brockhampton shirt rn, lol

I used to have a Brockhampton shirt but I sold it to a dude I used to know online so he could give it to his sister as a b-day present.
I still have that boyfriend hoodie that Kevin Abstract gave away online a few months ago, though, and it's easily the comfiest thing in my closet.
the only kind of merch I've got from them is the "Hardest Working Band in Show Business" t-shirt. I think I got it whenever I ordered the Iridescence vinyl off their site just because I figured why not

@Lee Newman

Not sure if you’ve checked out a lot of these but I really liked

Blu & Oh No - A Long Red Hot Los Angeles Summer Night

Billy Woods & Kenny Seagal - Hiding Places

Quelle Chris - Guns

Pivot Gang - You Can’t Sit With Us

Benny the Butcher - The Plugs I Met

DJ Muggs & Mach Hommy- Tuez-Les Tous

Curren$y & Statik Selektah - Gran Turismo

Revenge of the Dreamers 3

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana

Crimeapple & DJ Skizz - Wet Dirt