Hip Hop

Yeah, Plug 2 is hard. I know for sure I was aware of De La by my Junor year of high school. I remember one of the kids in Trig class thinking it was funny that a white boy knew the lyrics to Buddy. I was there on release day at my locals to buy Is Dead, Buhloone, (both in Boone at the remarkable and missed Grapevine) and Stakes (would have been School Kids in Chapel Hill). I'm pretty sure I was shopping at big box stores for the AOI releases. Grind might have been/probably was purchased at my current local. I saw them twice, always wished I'd seen them more. I pretty much grew up with them. Trugoy was only four years older than me.

THAT's a great shot!

Thanks. It was a great night. We were actually standing next to Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) and Jon Gries (Uncle Rico) during their set. Dave wasn't at the Gorillaz show in Seattle when we took our son for his birthday in September, but I'm glad my kid was able to see them during this festival. De La did a Teen Titans Go! episode where they were battling a monster/record execs for the rights to their music back, so he has all different sorts of reference points for them even beyond just hearing the albums.

I'm glad Trugoy was finally able to see the group get their rights back before he passed.

My Mach-Hommy sonic artifacts 12” case was pryed open at some point during shipping. Reached out to see what my options are. Would love to see person who opened it read to themselves “flip you like? Wtf?”

I’m sure it’s just routine security usps shit but it wasn’t locked

Edited again

Now see the tsa lock notice inside. Wonder if I’m the only one who’s had this happen

Edit again again. That tsa thing came in the case and isn’t a search notice. So we’ll see what’s what tho

Attachments

• 9737E580-34C1-42A1-A19E-219F7D2E631F.jpeg
    9737E580-34C1-42A1-A19E-219F7D2E631F.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
My Mach-Hommy sonic artifacts 12” case was pryed open at some point during shipping. Reached out to see what my options are. Would love to see person who opened it read to themselves “flip you like? Wtf?”

Edited again

Now see the tsa lock notice inside. Wonder if I’m the only one who’s had this happen

Edit again again. That tsa thing came in the case and isn’t a search notice. So we’ll see what’s what tho
Yo that is crazy. Mine came in tact and not tampered with. Same with the 7" box. I hope it gets sorted out

20230206_145205.jpg

20230206_154521.jpg

Edited again

Wtf

So whats everyones thoughts on RSD?

My fav is the mac miller 10"

418467231898:360

This should be on everyone's list.

All jokes aside Larry Lovestein is the one for me as well. Gonna grab the Sonnyjim 7" just for the DOOM and Jay E verses

Last edited:
Back