Hip Hop

I fully understand the sentiment for sure, but it's still a ton of money for something that is physically no different than any of the records we spend $30-$100 on.

I never consider a hommy record the same as the other stuff I buy.
Hommy is the holy grail
OFQX.gif

my brain is messing with me on this one . i could buy the Out of the mud edition right now and stop thinking about it, if i happen to change my mind after i get it, it should be too hard to sell without a loss, right ?

just trying to talk myself into this here

edit: yes i do realize how stupid it is to think 250 is a lot but 360 is kinda okay because i think that one is more likely to hold up in value

my brain is messing with me on this one . i could buy the Out of the mud edition right now and stop thinking about it, if i happen to change my mind after i get it, it should be too hard to sell without a loss, right ?

just trying to talk myself into this here

I highly doubt it would ever sell for less than the price you pay for it right now.
No loss all gain :)

I like the album a lot, but I can’t keep spending money on his albums. Well, I can, but I shouldn’t. I’m thinking of skipping this one and also selling off some of my other Mach records so that I don’t feel the need to keep the collection growing.

As I’m contemplating all this, the mailman just dropped off more Mach 😂

02BAC568-10BC-483D-8BC9-1CA0A32C6163.jpeg

I like the album a lot, but I can’t keep spending money on his albums. Well, I can, but I shouldn’t. I’m thinking of skipping this one and also selling off some of my other Mach records so that I don’t feel the need to keep the collection growing.

As I’m contemplating all this, the mailman just dropped off more Mach 😂

View attachment 149941
Finally cracked n went basic bitch black.....now im running downstairs to see if my copy of this landed too lol
Reddit comments on the Balens Cho posts certainly didn't disappoint.
dude the discord is imploding

I'm not mad but 250 could feed some Haitians all winter Mach, even if you can afford it that doesn't change the fact that he's exploiting his fans big time. I don't get how artists that couldn't sell out a medium sized venue get the nerve to do this but I guess it's all just a hustle. Getting turned off by all these underground rap releases starting at $50 minimum and receiving mid-quality products, direct-printed paper-thin sleeves, no gatefolds, no specific mastering for vinyl. You can get so much more value from other genres, and the albums are longer than 20 minutes.

so while you`re all at it, i still got a spare Pray for Haiti ;)

Frame it!

And these people hating are barely hommy fans to begin with.
If they were fans of Hommy they'd know he isn't earning huge $$ on streaming at all.. probably 5-10k a month at most.
And would have no problem supporting a man and his family instead of disrespecting him and calling him names like greedy.
This isn't Beyonce we talking about here.

I'm not mad but 250 could feed some Haitians all winter Mach, even if you can afford it that doesn't change the fact that he's exploiting his fans big time. I don't get how artists that couldn't sell out a medium sized venue get the nerve to do this but I guess it's all just a hustle. Getting turned off by all these underground rap releases starting at $50 minimum and receiving mid-quality products, direct-printed paper-thin sleeves, no gatefolds, no specific mastering for vinyl. You can get so much more value from other genres, and the albums are longer than 20 minutes.
The part about feeding Haitian's is spot on and I certainly hope he gives to that community with it being such a major part of his identity and music. I really wished he toured so that he had another income stream that could supplement what he sells his records for and in turn drop the price of them. He clearly found major success with the P4H Daupe drop too, so he's shown he can move units. It's a really interesting business model that he's created and I personally made rationalizations with myself to spend what I did today, especially after balking at something like $60 more for 2 songs and a signed insert on the Elephant Man's Bones drop the other day.

ayo ! stock alert for the Big Ghost Anthology

six copies of boths volumes in stock

@SixthDeadlyVenom

3 of :

5 :

So how we feeling about that new ROC album now we had a few days to sit with it?

I feel it's extremely good and everything about it is top-notch and will definitely sit near the top of my 2022 list at the end of the year.

And this is my fav track :

Back