Hip Hop

Had two transactions mistakenly go through for a marble.

I've reached out to Daupe to cancel one of them, but I can follow up and tell them never mind if someone here had bad luck.
I had the same thing happen, but I went straight for the transparent blue since I figured the marble would be gone by the time I could get an order through. I also reached out to cancel one...

I missed out on marble. Ill take it if no one else does.
This seemed worse then previous. The site didnt work for so long.
Must be time now for daupe to move on from bandcamp.
I'll reach out to have them disregard my request.

I'll let you know final outcome, as its technically limited to one per customer. I guess it depends how strict they're going to try to be with that.

Armand Hammer had technical difficulties at Pickathon, so they played an unreleased Billy Woods album before doing a shortened set.

Any copies of White Label are long gone
Did they give any info about the unreleased album? Upcoming or something older and shelved? Just curious. Bummer about the technical difficulties though.

when did all of the wrestling samples get pulled from Gunn’s stuff on streaming? I swear they were there not too long ago

Did they give any info about the unreleased album? Upcoming or something older and shelved? Just curious. Bummer about the technical difficulties though.

Not really. I regret not asking more about it. The cool thing about Pickathon is that pretty much every act plays twice over the weekend, so I'd already seen them do a great set the night before.

They were actually on the schedule 3 times. The first had them performing in this barn where a lot of rowdy heavier punk and garage-psych sets often go down. Then, the next day they were doing a 1pm set listed as "Elucid, Billy Woods" instead of Armand Hammer. Finally, they had another slot that night as Armand Hammer again, so it was really confusing.

In the past, the barn would go 21-and-over at night, so I didn't take my kid in there with me, only to find out it would have been fine. I could just take him to the one during the day. My guess was that, based in how they listed it, night one would be Armand Hammer tracks and the other would be solo shit, but they did a mix of both at the first show. Then, at the end, the stage emcee said they'd be doing a DJ set the next day, so I was bummed. Anyway, Elucid played tracks by artists like Dearh Grips, Pink Siifu, and Quelle Chris the next day in a little clearing in the woods. I ran into him on a logging trail later and talked to him for a good 10 minutes. He said he didn't expect so many kids when he played there, because in the Siifu song, he "says pussy like 30 times." "I'm not a DJ. I just played the stuff I've been listening to a lot lately."

That night's show should be all ages. Then, at the show, they didn't have mics or anything and it was in a spot that was basically for DJ sets with a large DJ booth platform. They had no microphones. I talked to Billy Woods after and it was an obvious mixup where the festival thought they'd be doing the regular set at the earlier slot, so it was set up for it and this wasn't. Eventually they got a short mic and Elucid said fuck it. Chest high behind the DJ booth, off to the right of the turntables, he just went off and did about four or so songs with all his fucking energy and turned shit around. Woods had walked off, but then came back and did a handful himself. It was actually pretty cool how they shifted the whole energy back on pure will. All my son cared about was seeing him do "Spongebob" and it didn't seem like it was in the cards, but then... boom! Kind of a triumphant turn in the end and then he got to meet him and we talked with him for a little while, before rushing over to a GZA set.

I bought a copy of the History Will Absolve Me book that came with the deluxe reissue. He says he comes out to Portland to hang out with Aesop Rock and he's played him some crazy shit he's working on, but I can't remember if he said they have anything they've done together.

20220809_073837.jpg20220809_073815.jpg

New Open Mike Eagle Album 10/7 called Component System with the Auto Reverse.

CSWTAR-cover-1659997237.jpeg

TRACKLIST:
01 “the song with the secret name” (prod. by child actor)
02 “tdk scribbled intro” (prod. by kuest1)
03 “79th and stony island” (prod. by quelle chris)
04 “i’ll fight you” (prod. by diamond d)
05 “circuit city” (feat. video dave & still rift) (prod. by madlib)
06 “I retired then I changed my mind” (prod. by child actor)
07 “burner account” feat. armand hammer (prod. by quelle chris)
08 “for DOOM” (prod. by illingsworth)
09 “crenshaw and homeland” (prod. by diamond d)
10 “multi-game arcade cabinet” (feat. r.a.p ferreira, still rift & video dave) (prod. by illingsworth)
11 “credits interlude” (feat. serengeti) (prod. by illingsworth)
12 “peak lockdown raps” (prod. by child actor)
13 “kites” (feat. video dave and still rift) (prod. by kuest1)
14 “cd only” [bonus track] (feat. aesop rock & diamond d) (prod. diamond d)

New Open Mike Eagle Album 10/7 called Component System with the Auto Reverse.

View attachment 148283

TRACKLIST:
01 “the song with the secret name” (prod. by child actor)
02 “tdk scribbled intro” (prod. by kuest1)
03 “79th and stony island” (prod. by quelle chris)
04 “i’ll fight you” (prod. by diamond d)
05 “circuit city” (feat. video dave & still rift) (prod. by madlib)
06 “I retired then I changed my mind” (prod. by child actor)
07 “burner account” feat. armand hammer (prod. by quelle chris)
08 “for DOOM” (prod. by illingsworth)
09 “crenshaw and homeland” (prod. by diamond d)
10 “multi-game arcade cabinet” (feat. r.a.p ferreira, still rift & video dave) (prod. by illingsworth)
11 “credits interlude” (feat. serengeti) (prod. by illingsworth)
12 “peak lockdown raps” (prod. by child actor)
13 “kites” (feat. video dave and still rift) (prod. by kuest1)
14 “cd only” [bonus track] (feat. aesop rock & diamond d) (prod. diamond d)

CTA transfer white edition limited vinyl

limited edition white vinyl. only 1000 copies printed ever. with free exclusive print from Mckay Felt

There will be a standard edition black vinyl available for retail

Not really. I regret not asking more about it. The cool thing about Pickathon is that pretty much every act plays twice over the weekend, so I'd already seen them do a great set the night before.

They were actually on the schedule 3 times. The first had them performing in this barn where a lot of rowdy heavier punk and garage-psych sets often go down. Then, the next day they were doing a 1pm set listed as "Elucid, Billy Woods" instead of Armand Hammer. Finally, they had another slot that night as Armand Hammer again, so it was really confusing.

In the past, the barn would go 21-and-over at night, so I didn't take my kid in there with me, only to find out it would have been fine. I could just take him to the one during the day. My guess was that, based in how they listed it, night one would be Armand Hammer tracks and the other would be solo shit, but they did a mix of both at the first show. Then, at the end, the stage emcee said they'd be doing a DJ set the next day, so I was bummed. Anyway, Elucid played tracks by artists like Dearh Grips, Pink Siifu, and Quelle Chris the next day in a little clearing in the woods. I ran into him on a logging trail later and talked to him for a good 10 minutes. He said he didn't expect so many kids when he played there, because in the Siifu song, he "says pussy like 30 times." "I'm not a DJ. I just played the stuff I've been listening to a lot lately."

That night's show should be all ages. Then, at the show, they didn't have mics or anything and it was in a spot that was basically for DJ sets with a large DJ booth platform. They had no microphones. I talked to Billy Woods after and it was an obvious mixup where the festival thought they'd be doing the regular set at the earlier slot, so it was set up for it and this wasn't. Eventually they got a short mic and Elucid said fuck it. Chest high behind the DJ booth, off to the right of the turntables, he just went off and did about four or so songs with all his fucking energy and turned shit around. Woods had walked off, but then came back and did a handful himself. It was actually pretty cool how they shifted the whole energy back on pure will. All my son cared about was seeing him do "Spongebob" and it didn't seem like it was in the cards, but then... boom! Kind of a triumphant turn in the end and then he got to meet him and we talked with him for a little while, before rushing over to a GZA set.

I bought a copy of the History Will Absolve Me book that came with the deluxe reissue. He says he comes out to Portland to hang out with Aesop Rock and he's played him some crazy shit he's working on, but I can't remember if he said they have anything they've done together.

View attachment 148275View attachment 148274

This was a cool share! tx man.
I still need to track down that book.

Oh MIKE - DISCO! vinyl dropped today apparently:

Looks like limited variants at HHV and Rough Trade sold out already.

Back