Hip Hop

Just say he's the best, let's not argue!

Lol

Preservation is so good.
I really hope he does a follow up to his last project based in Hong Kong.
Loved that project.

Ive only lightly touched on this drop but so far production sounds amazing aswell.

Write up incase someone cares

“On subsequent trips and while living [in Hong Kong] I also explored the music of Thailand, Cambodia, and Indonesia,” he says. “In the future, I want to release music revolving around these locations as well.”

Lol

Preservation is so good.
I really hope he does a follow up to his last project based in Hong Kong.
Loved that project.

Ive only lightly touched on this drop but so far production sounds amazing aswell.

Write up incase someone cares

“On subsequent trips and while living [in Hong Kong] I also explored the music of Thailand, Cambodia, and Indonesia,” he says. “In the future, I want to release music revolving around these locations as well.”
I still have to pick up Eastern Medicine Western Illness

Is it finally real this time? This shit has been done forever
Yeah it has been! It was announced well over a year ago that they had everything recorded. I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to drop. I remember the same night Madlib and Blackstar were both in Denver and announced this collaboration.

If this Girl Talk x Wiz Khalifa x Big Krit album had dropped 10 years ago I would be all about it 😂
Man 2010 me would be smoking so much weed to this and be smiling ear to ear vibing to this...

Ah hell, who am I kidding? 2022 me is doing that right now 😂. This is pure 2010 nostalgia and I am all the way here for it!

Just got back from The Armand Hammer show a bit ago. Definitely mixed emotions on the experience. The show itself was great. Kenny Segal opened with a dope intro beat set and then Armand Hammer took the stage. They had good energy and the crowd was vibing with them. I can see how a show with them and a DJ like Alchemist would be better, as they brought Kenny out to do a few songs in the end and it was just a better experience. Elucid seemed a lot more comfortable just performing and not having to fiddle with the music tracks. Overall they were great and ran through a bunch of tracks including some new stuff (no Peppertree though, which was irritating). Once the show ended, the shitshow began.

The merch situation was a joke. Woods announced that they only had 30 mins to sell merch, so they cut the show after like 45 mins. Why didn’t they sell merch before the set then, I wondered? Anyway, he announced that they had the white label vinyl and some leftover ALC editions of Haram. So, of course there was a ridiculous crush of people to buy the vinyl. They had a box of the white labels and were allowing multiple purchases, so I figured they had a grip of them. Wrong.

After maybe 15-20 people go through, they announce that the white label vinyl was sold out. I swear they must’ve only pressed like 40-50 of them, so why allow multiple purchases? I’m not sure if they’re holding some back for each show, or if they ran through the whole pressing in 20 mins at the first show. They had to know how popular this release would be. They could’ve sold 200 tonight, easily. Surely they pressed more than like 50 of these things for the whole tour.

Add to that, when I got back to my car, I found someone had broken into a few cars in the lot, mine included. So, no vinyl and now I have to replace my passenger window. Maybe I should’ve gone to the other show after all. Lol. SMH.

Just got back from The Armand Hammer show a bit ago. Definitely mixed emotions on the experience. The show itself was great. Kenny Segal opened with a dope intro beat set and then Armand Hammer took the stage. They had good energy and the crowd was vibing with them. I can see how a show with them and a DJ like Alchemist would be better, as they brought Kenny out to do a few songs in the end and it was just a better experience. Elucid seemed a lot more comfortable just performing and not having to fiddle with the music tracks. Overall they were great and ran through a bunch of tracks including some new stuff (no Peppertree though, which was irritating). Once the show ended, the shitshow began.

The merch situation was a joke. Woods announced that they only had 30 mins to sell merch, so they cut the show after like 45 mins. Why didn’t they sell merch before the set then, I wondered? Anyway, he announced that they had the white label vinyl and some leftover ALC editions of Haram. So, of course there was a ridiculous crush of people to buy the vinyl. They had a box of the white labels and were allowing multiple purchases, so I figured they had a grip of them. Wrong.

After maybe 15-20 people go through, they announce that the white label vinyl was sold out. I swear they must’ve only pressed like 40-50 of them, so why allow multiple purchases? I’m not sure if they’re holding some back for each show, or if they ran through the whole pressing in 20 mins at the first show. They had to know how popular this release would be. They could’ve sold 200 tonight, easily. Surely they pressed more than like 50 of these things for the whole tour.

Add to that, when I got back to my car, I found someone had broken into a few cars in the lot, mine included. So, no vinyl and now I have to replace my passenger window. Maybe I should’ve gone to the other show after all. Lol. SMH.
sorry to hear about all the shenanigans

Back