Hip Hop

Not sure if this is true for me. I did give the last couple a pass , la maquina wasnt my cup of tea at all
Damn. I'm not an OG Griselda fan or whatever, but for me Conway has been on a nice run (sans not dropping GDMM).

I know La Maquina was def different and not necessarily well liked it seems but I really enjoyed the switch up from him. There are a few joints that I LOVE on it as well and listen almost daily (Clarity, Bruiser Brody, S.E. Gang)

Damn. I'm not an OG Griselda fan or whatever, but for me Conway has been on a nice run (sans not dropping GDMM).

I know La Maquina was def different and not necessarily well liked it seems but I really enjoyed the switch up from him. There are a few joints that I LOVE on it as well and listen almost daily (Clarity, Bruiser Brody, S.E. Gang)
I'm not OG either, but for me FKTAG was really great. as much as I want grimey, grimey, and more grimey from Conway, FKTAG felt like he finally put out a complete package with all the sounds in all the right doses that really do a service in showcasing his strengths and versatility better than on his projects that are arguably better than FKTAG.

I enjoy La Maquina but it's a drop down from FKTAG for sure. Missing Bricks felt like more of a La Maquina than a FKTAG to me.

I'm not OG either, but for me FKTAG was really great. as much as I want grimey, grimey, and more grimey from Conway, FKTAG felt like he finally put out a complete package with all the sounds in all the right doses that really do a service in showcasing his strengths and versatility better than on his projects that are arguably better than FKTAG.

I enjoy La Maquina but it's a drop down from FKTAG for sure. Missing Bricks felt like more of a La Maquina than a FKTAG to me.
I think I can agree with most of this. I love the griney shit too and GOAT is usually my go to. But FKTG is definitely the most complete sounding album he's produced.

For that I think La Maquina is a step down. But I kind of went in thinking of it as a side project so didn't really expect FKTG levels and was pretty happy with the outcome overall. My Missing Bricks is on its way but if we get LM levels I'm cool with that as I'm again not expecting FKTG levels. That will come with GDMM if it ever comes

Anyone know anything about that Flatbush Zombies 3001 A Laced Odyssey order from quite a few months ago and when it might ship?

FKTAG probably is his most well rounded but really bores me. Sounds like he wrote 15 drafts of each song and was bored of them by the time of the final recording or something. Didn't care for If It Bleeds, similarly sounded like he was sort of outta gas. I liked his energy on La Maquina better and listen to it sometimes.

But still I'd play anything from Griselda Ghost through No one Mourns the Wicked before playing any of the last several projects, personally. Reject on Steroids, FOOD one and two, GOAT, Blakk Tape etc etc never really felt like "well rounded" projects buttt personally I don't need/want well rounded from Griselda I need that grimey Daringer whole album recorded in two nights off-the-dome shit

FKTAG probably is his most well rounded but really bores me. Sounds like he wrote 15 drafts of each song and was bored of them by the time of the final recording or something. Didn't care for If It Bleeds, similarly sounded like he was sort of outta gas. I liked his energy on La Maquina better and listen to it sometimes.

But still I'd play anything from Griselda Ghost through No one Mourns the Wicked before playing any of the last several projects, personally. Reject on Steroids, FOOD one and two, GOAT, Blakk Tape etc etc never really felt like "well rounded" projects buttt personally I don't need/want well rounded from Griselda I need that grimey Daringer whole album recorded in two nights off-the-dome shit
I've really gotten into Blakk Tape lately. Such a great project. I'm halfway upset I didn't grab the pic disc from DRW but I really want a repress of that

I've really gotten into Blakk Tape lately. Such a great project. I'm halfway upset I didn't grab the pic disc from DRW but I really want a repress of that

It's a great one. I grabbed it from Vinyl Digital whenever it originally came out. That said, I just have no interest in those pic discs in the poly sleeve. I couldn't bring myself to order even the titles I don't have

It's a great one. I grabbed it from Vinyl Digital whenever it originally came out. That said, I just have no interest in those pic discs in the poly sleeve. I couldn't bring myself to order even the titles I don't have
Yeah that was a rough drop as I don't have Blakk Tape or Devil's Reject. But I'm still holding out some hope since we've gotten some repressed. I'm not the biggest WSG fun so he can keep his no repress rule (though I'm sad I slept through P4P as that's the one I love and would pair nicely with P4H)

Yeah that was a rough drop as I don't have Blakk Tape or Devil's Reject. But I'm still holding out some hope since we've gotten some repressed. I'm not the biggest WSG fun so he can keep his no repress rule (though I'm sad I slept through P4P as that's the one I love and would pair nicely with P4H)

Yeah. I didn't pick up Devil's Reject, because of the disc, and I also slept through the P4P drop.

uh, this is tough

i might even put Manger in the 1 spot for me because its so different. i agree with Super Tecmo Bo over reguar Bo ( at the moment).
i think real bad boldy is underrated.
I totally forgot real bad boldy, that's my #3 actually:p guess I should listen to manger again so I can start missing these FatBeats represses too

Back