Help regarding speakers and amp for a 10,3sqm room

I do have a pair of Dali Zensor 1 that i will use - as my girlfriend said that she wants a soundbar in the livingroom instead of large speakers.

I still need some advice on cables and and perhaps a sub.

REL subwoofers always seem to come highly recommended for music. Probably worth a look at. Blue Jeans Cables are what I use, they’re really good quality and value for money. If you’re looking at sound bars I’d recomend from experience the sonos ones, really easy to set up, great tv sound and can easily upgrade to full surround with extra speakers down the line (tip: the ikea Sonos speakers are great for rears and are much cheaper than the Sonos one speaker you might otherwise use for that).

Found the manual i had, and peaked behind the amp.
Manual says Use Speakers with an impedance of at least 6ohm. And at the rear of the amp it says 6ohm min / speaker.

Guess the Wharfedales are out of the question for now.

i thought i was the only red mahogany wharfedale guy round these parts! my lintons and dentons are both the red mahogany.
You and me, bud. It was an easy decision for me, as the red mahogany veneer is gorgeous. Does it match my decor perfectly? No, my decor bows to its glory.

Found the manual i had, and peaked behind the amp.
Manual says Use Speakers with an impedance of at least 6ohm. And at the rear of the amp it says 6ohm min / speaker.

Guess the Wharfedales are out of the question for now.
you could always pick up a b stock NAD and sell your present.

you could always pick up a b stock NAD and sell your present.
@Fixxman32 This is good advice.

My $4400 tube amp shit the bed and needs to go in for service. My mother in law generously loaned me her NAD C316BEE until my amp gets back to me. Actually I’d lose my mind with no tunes and was going to buy one anyway- I’d recommended the amp to her so I should follow my own advice, right?

After having it here for a few days I’m beyond impressed. I’ve heard it numerous times in different systems and it was very good for a budget amp. Hearing it in my system probably isn’t fair- it’s the least expensive component except for my cartridge. I’m stunned how good this amp is- and it’s priced the same or less than a lot of mid fi crap you could buy at a big box store. This is serious high end Hi Fi on the relative cheap.

Does it sound as good as my amp? No. Is a Miata as “good” as a Porsche? In absolute terms, I’d prefer the Porsche, but the Miata has its own charms as well as proven reliability. Under a grand? The NAD is it, as far as I’m concerned. It’s that good.

Think about it this way- if you are TV shopping that killer TV that you really want….you won’t see the difference when you get home with a lesser model. What you bring home still beats what it replaced.

It’ll also easily drive the Dentons….

Last edited:
Blue Jeans Cables are what I use, they’re really good quality and value for money.
Blue Jeans Cable (especially LC-1) has been my go-to for years now due to unassailable construction quality. However, a 3 ft BJC interconnect has jumped over 20% in price in one year. Blame supply chain challenges and labor costs in Seattle, if you want. I’ve been casting an eye towards World’s Best Cables on Amazon as a viable, lower cost alternative. Great materials quality, but soldered versus hydraulically crimped connectors.

Back