Help regarding speakers and amp for a 10,3sqm room

Fixxman32

Hi, i am moving into a new house where i will get my own music room.
My current setup is:
MoFi Ultradeck with a Lyra Delos
MoFi StudioPhono
Schiit Vali amp and DT 1770 Pro headphones

I left a Yamaha RX-V367B amp at my moms due to space, but i will bring that along now.
Is the yamaha rx367 good enough or should i replace it?
And if kept, what speakers would do justice to a Lyra Delos?

I have a pair of Dali Zensor 1 now hooked up to the tv, and i whenever i connect the turntable to the amp that runs the Dalis i find the audio good.

So maybe ill get a pair of Dalis to the Yamaha. But i am open for suggestions

Hi, i am moving into a new house where i will get my own music room.
My current setup is:
MoFi Ultradeck with a Lyra Delos
MoFi StudioPhono
Schiit Vali amp and DT 1770 Pro headphones

I left a Yamaha RX-V367B amp at my moms due to space, but i will bring that along now.
Is the yamaha rx367 good enough or should i replace it?
And if kept, what speakers would do justice to a Lyra Delos?

I have a pair of Dali Zensor 1 now hooked up to the tv, and i whenever i connect the turntable to the amp that runs the Dalis i find the audio good.

So maybe ill get a pair of Dalis to the Yamaha. But i am open for suggestions
Congrats, a dedicated music room is a very nice thing! And you've already got a terrific tt/preamp combo. Personally I would start with the Yamaha and Dalis, to hear what you think and create a baseline. But the Yamaha is an AV amp, so I expect others here will recommend you eventually upgrade that to a stereo integrated amp, to get the most out of the Dalis. And, in order to make suggestions, a budget would be helpful.

Congrats, a dedicated music room is a very nice thing! And you've already got a terrific tt/preamp combo. Personally I would start with the Yamaha and Dalis, to hear what you think and create a baseline. But the Yamaha is an AV amp, so I expect others here will recommend you eventually upgrade that to a stereo integrated amp, to get the most out of the Dalis. And, in order to make suggestions, a budget would be helpful.
Thanks! Yep, about time hehe!
Budget is about 1000-1500USD.

Is a sub a must for such a small room?

Thanks! Yep, about time hehe!
Budget is about 1000-1500USD.

Is a sub a must for such a small room?

It’s never a must but the zensor’s being a small standmount and Dali being a quite bright speaker they don’t dig too deep. But honestly with that budget I think you can go up a level from them, as much as I actually do like that speaker.

I’d be looking at something like the Wharfedale Denton for a bookshelf speaker in that range. Within that budget we’ve had it paired a couple of times with the PS Audio sprout on here and the combination was popular. I’m sure people will also throw out a few other amps too.

That would leave a little bit of money upto the $1500 to get cables and speaker stands etc.

I think Dan has some good advice, see how everything sounds in the room first.

The Lyra are great m/c cartridge's, as soon as you mentioned it I thought of Harbeth's, but not cheap.

Last edited:
This is specs of my Yamaha.

Min RMS Power
(1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 6 Ω)
FRONT L/R.........100 W/ch

Dynamic Power
Front Speakers 6/4/2 Ω 105/130/150W

Max output power
1 kHz, 0.7% THD, 4 Ω 120 W

What does all this mean 😄

This is specs of my Yamaha.

Min RMS Power
(1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 6 Ω)
FRONT L/R.........100 W/ch

Dynamic Power
Front Speakers 6/4/2 Ω 105/130/150W

Max output power
1 kHz, 0.7% THD, 4 Ω 120 W

What does all this mean 😄
The Dentons are rated at 6 ohms impedance, so you’ll get about 100W/ch.

Denton's are nice and have several users here, Linton's are better and have very good bass so you should not need a sub. There are probably close to 20 users on here of them. Not sure if you have a Wharf dealer on Nor ?, you may have to turn to Den or Ger.

Your Yamaha will have enough power for either.

Last edited:
Denton's are nice and have several users here, Linton's are better and have very good bass so you should not need a sub. There are probably close to 20 users on here of them. Not sure if you have a Wharf dealer on Nor ?, you may have to turn to Den or Ger.

Your Yamaha will have enough power for either.
We do, but they do not have the Denton 80. :(
Are there options to the Denton 80's if they are unobtainable?

Sorry I hadn’t noticed you were in Norway! I wouldn’t have linked to a US store!

Would you be willing to get them shipped from elsewhere in Europe? Stores can do good deals for shipping on stiff that expensive. There should be an abundance of them in the UK in particular.

It’s more that the higher the impedence the harder the amp has to work to deliver power. The lower the speaker impedance, the more wattage an amplifier will be able to provide.
Assuming the amplifier has a power supply robust enough to deliver high current into low impedance speaker loads.

Actually analogue seduction will sell them for £499 (they remove the VAT for exports) and ship them to you for £26.

They’re the newer 85 model and they are a really good store, I’ve had amps and other gear shipped to me by them to Ireland and it’s always arrived well packaged and in perfect condition!

Actually analogue seduction will sell them for £499 (they remove the VAT for exports) and ship them to you for £26.

They’re the newer 85 model and they are a really good store, I’ve had amps and other gear shipped to me by them to Ireland and it’s always arrived well packaged and in perfect condition!

Ah. Im just curious if the Yamaha rx-v367b can power them.
Its rated for 8 and 6 ohms.

Back