Help Me Love: Yo La Tengo- There's A Riot Going On

TheThinWhiteDuke

Ok so I got this in the DEEPDISCOUNTBLOWOUTBINARMAGEDDONSALE for really cheap and I love some of their other albums (I Can Hear, Painful)

But I've played this once in the car, and once on the turntable and both times I don't think I can pick out any particular moment from the record. It's like I played it and I can't even remember what I heard.

Can any Yo La fans helb me love this?

It's one of the Yo La Tengo I like. Found it very mellow, and actually enjoyed the vinyl recording better than digital.

Very quiet album - I tried listening in the car once as well and it didn't work. On the turntable at home is better. It's definitely a front-loaded album IMO - first 4-5 songs I really like, then it starts to sound a bit same-ey... Like you said, hard to pick out particular moments - it's that sustained super quiet/mellow mood they seem to be going for, I guess?

Ok so I got this in the DEEPDISCOUNTBLOWOUTBINARMAGEDDONSALE for really cheap and I love some of their other albums (I Can Hear, Painful)

But I've played this once in the car, and once on the turntable and both times I don't think I can pick out any particular moment from the record. It's like I played it and I can't even remember what I heard.

Can any Yo La fans helb me love this?
Yo La is one of my favorite bands and this is one of my least favorite albums of their’s. It sounds kinda boring and same-y to me. It’s weird that it’s so long and yet features so little variation. I do like the back-to-back Georgia tracks, Ashes and Polynesia #1.

Back