HELP: buddy's sticky residue on vinyl... goo gone?

UnbalancedForce

Hey howdy hello! Question for you. I've been searching around for answers. Got a buddy who basically sent this to me, wanted your thoughts:

"...ever used goo gone on a record to try to remove sticky residue? Made a huge mistake 🥲 and set one down, unknowingly, on the sticky, resealable portion of an outer sleeve and it left a couple spots of residue on the grooves. Standard clean isn’t cutting it and I keep reading online that goo gone is the way to go. Have you ever tried it?"

super thanks for any direction, or horror story no-nos to avoid. :)

I feel like someone here has used goo gone. But I can't remember who. I'm wondering if rubbing alcohol might be less damaging as long as you clean the F out of it right after and get it all off lickity split... But maybe someone else has first hand knowledge.

Last edited:
I'm a complete simpleton, but the first thing that popped into my head in lieu of using a harsh cleaner was this - you know how you remove a sticker and sometimes there's a little sticky stuff left behind and then you delicately dab the sticky stuff with the sticker you just removed and the sticky stuff sticks to the sticker and is gone? I thought that.

Back