Give Blood, Play Rugby.

Not since school days 35 years ago. Ouch! I tackled the huge kid in our school with a perfect diving leg grabber when he thought he was clear and denied him a try. He beat me up later that day and I never played anymore haha.
Don’t follow it except casually watch the odd World Cup game.

Played for ~25yrs, through school and until we had or first kid (at the time I was playing 1 off the National leagues, and to be able to hack it at that level with my level of talent, meant gym 3 times a week, club training twice, and then travelling all over the South West of England to play on a Saturday, so I wouldn't have seen my wife and kid had I continued playing)

I still miss it sometimes, though the game has moved on in the 8 years since I last played ...

Bristol, isn't that where Steven Luatua and Charles Piutau ended up? Please send then BACK home to the goddamn Auckland Blues! Yeah ship has sailed on the pair but it still almost physically pains me to think about that they could have done playing for the (moribund) Blues let alone in black.

Still, my beloved dogcrap Blues have good loosie stocks at the moment in Akira Ioane, Tom Robinson, Dalton Papali'i and Blake Gibson

Bristol, isn't that where Steven Luatua and Charles Piutau ended up? Please send then BACK home to the goddamn Auckland Blues! Yeah ship has sailed on the pair but it still almost physically pains me to think about that they could have done playing for the (moribund) Blues let alone in black.

Still, my beloved dogcrap Blues have good loosie stocks at the moment in Akira Ioane, Tom Robinson, Dalton Papali'i and Blake Gibson

Yup - Piutau has been crocked for most of the early season, but came good in the end and Luatua has been superb. Bristol came up from the Championship and almost qualified for the Champions Cup in their first season back in the Prem, which is impressive.

I wonder who'd win between your dogcrap Blues and my dogcrap Tigers right now - I suspect you'd hammer us.

Our biggest issue this season has been back 5 forwards. The locks are workmanlike at best and the balance is all out on the back row - not helped by Davie Denton being out with concussion for an age - the coach is in his 1st serious job and doesn't have a DoR above him yet ... still, the backs are pretty tidy (1st choice this season being England starters Youngs (9) Ford (11) May (14) Tuilagi (12) Welsh 2nd string Holmes (11) Australian 1st choice? 2nd Choice? who knows with them) Toomua and . We'd also have ex England Kyle Eastmond in the centres and Tongan winger Vieanu on the bench.

Shame they don't get good ball...

Leicester got shot of Aaron Mauger? How was he? Not sold on him as coach of Otago Highlanders. They've kind've lost their distinctive style of play and the brotherhood culture Joseph and Tony Brown instilled that saw them in Soup Rugby in 2015.

I suspect it's a case of jobs for da boys. Going to be interesting when Tony Brown comes back next season and Mauger gets.... demoted.

I made it down to 6 tigers games this season, including taking my two year old little girl to her first two games. It was a painful watch and a frustrating season. She liked the blueberries I took her, and enjoyed roaring like a tiger. So I think I’ll just follow her lead next season rather than watching what’s going on the field!

I made it down to 6 tigers games this season, including taking my two year old little girl to her first two games. It was a painful watch and a frustrating season. She liked the blueberries I took her, and enjoyed roaring like a tiger. So I think I’ll just follow her lead next season rather than watching what’s going on the field!

Welford Rd is a long way from Bristol, so I had to satisfy myself with watching the dire game at Ashton Gate where we got pummeled.

To make matters worse I seemingly spent half the match on the big screen, wearing my Tigers shirt with a face like a spanked arse, sat between my two girls in Bristol shirt yukking it up, all the while reviving messages from Bristol supporting mates who were also in the stadium widning me up ...

Leicester got shot of Aaron Mauger? How was he? Not sold on him as coach of Otago Highlanders. They've kind've lost their distinctive style of play and the brotherhood culture Joseph and Tony Brown instilled that saw them in Soup Rugby in 2015.

I suspect it's a case of jobs for da boys. Going to be interesting when Tony Brown comes back next season and Mauger gets.... demoted.

Big clashes between him and Richard Cockerill - both trying to pull the team in different directions, to the detriment of everyone, players inluded. Cockers went up to Edinburgh, where he's performed minor miracles, Mauger lasted at Welford a few month longer.

Got shot of Mauger towards the end of last season, and for some reason bought Matt O'Connor got bought back as head coach, and had the worst run of results since the game went pro.

Combine all that with neglecting the Academy (meaning the pipeline of players who're ingrained with the Tigers culture dropped off) and trying to fix that mistake by chucking money at whizzy backs, and we're now a team which scraped into 11th in the league, and havne't qualified for the top flight European Cup for the first time since it's exists. </griping>

Nanai's move to Worcester delayed as he's now on AB's radar for squad injuries prior to RWC.

Kills me he's leaving. Blues most dangerous player.

damnit why doesnt my gif upload?

Despite being called into AB's camp he was totally stuffed around by Tana in favour of dipshit "safe" journeyman Michael "Joan" fucken Collins.

Blues don't do safe, Tana. Set the controls for the heart of the sun, it's Paremoremo Jailbreak Polynesian Basketball Blitzkrieg Time.

Worcester are an odd side to sign for - finished 10th in the league, and at the beginning of the season were tipped for the drop (along with Falcons) - they've not exactly been tearing up trees for a long while. Just signed a chap who went to my school a few years below me from Tigers as well - Graham Kitchener

Where in NZ did you come from fella? I travelled round in a van in the 2005 Lions tour and got to know it a little.

Is anyone wryly amused at Israel Folau getting his gofundme cancelled - he seems to have absolutely no sense of why people find his bigoted statements on homosexuality distasteful, nor why companies now won't touch him with a shitty stick ...

Looks like Joe Marler is out of retirement for the RWC :)9954

Attachments

• 65706546_2883340585072579_6611273008755507200_n.png
    65706546_2883340585072579_6611273008755507200_n.png
    607.1 KB · Views: 0
Back