Fresh Grabs

I found some gems while scrolling through Plaid Room “recent used” selection online…
View attachment 200017

fIREHOSE - If’n
I haven’t explored much post-Minutemen Mike Watt but finding an original SST pressing for around $20 seemed like a good option to dig further.

Hopefully you can find Ragin’ and fROMOHIO (my favorite)!

New Aquisitions-
View attachment 201199
Dragonfly - s/t
Bruno Berle - No Reino Dos Afetos 2
Reyna Tropical - Maelgria
V/a - Deadicated
Jackson Browne - Running On Empty
The Commitments OMPS
The Replacements - Don’t Tell a Soul
Boston - S/T
The Doobie Brothers - Best of the Doobies
I didn’t know there was a Bruno Berle pressing! I might have to scoop!

some 70's soul first pressings from Japan with very rare obis - the Otis Clay is a top 5 all time record for me, and maybe the greatest male soul heartbreak record all time (I probably have 4 copies of this record, but had never found this version with the obi, ok Ill admit I have a problem ;-)) ...also, the 'soul on' series has terrific sound across the board and are highly recommended (but don't tell anyone) - and the polydor SAL74 records are also very goodIMG_3013.jpg

Ill Considered - Ill Considered 8 (Ill Considered Music, 2019 First Test Pressing)
Ill Considered - 9: East/West (Ill Considered Music, 2020 First Test Pressing)
Ill Considered - 10 - The Stroke (Ill Considered Music, 2020 First Test Pressing)

Leon from the group Ill Considered messaged me last week to see if I would be interested in some test pressings that he had lying around. I've been a huge fan of the group ever since someone on the forum (pretty sure it was @Mr Moore) shared a link to their "Live At The Crypt" album years ago.

IMG_0640.JPG

Kenny Graham's Afro-Cubists – Caribbean Suite (Esquire Records, 1954 First 10" Pressing)
Tubby Hayes Quartet – The Swinging Giant Volume 1 (Tempo Records, 1955 First 7" Pressing)
Centipede - Septober Energy (RCA Neon, 1971 First Test Pressing)
The Riverside Book: Discography Of All Series by Jazz Critique (Self-Published, 1997)

Some British jazz gems. I have been after Caribbean Suite for a while and never seen a copy, so thrilled to have this and it sounds fantastic. The test pressing of Centipede was a great score, and the sleeve of the Tubby Hayes isn't in the best shape but the vinyl looks ok after a clean. Finally, an oddity in the Japan-only Riverside book.

IMG_0642.JPG

Fred again.. – Tiny Desk, 13th March 2023 (The Vinyl Factory, 2024 Limited Pressing)

I have been a fan of Fred Again for a while now and he's finally starting to blow up the way he always deserved to. He announced a new series of limited vinyl releases of live performances with the first being his Tiny Desk performance from last year. The record sold out in seconds but I was lucky enough to get a copy. Its an incredible release, with the image on the front cover being a glossy inlay, white vinyl (which actually sounds phenomenal) a printed inner (card which is a bit annoying but I've cleaned/re-sleeved anyway), and glossy photo print. To finish it off each copy is hand numbered and signed (in pencil annoyingly)

IMG_0643.JPG

Back