Floor speakers that are good but light to move? Also bookshelf speaker question

NoTrend

Was looking to get some floor speakers but need something light as I will need to move one to access records

Budget is 1000-1200$

Or are there bookshelf speakers in that price range that rivals floor speakers

Please forgive me as when it comes to speakers I am a bit clueless

Was looking to get some floor speakers but need something light as I will need to move one to access records

Budget is 1000-1200$

Can I give a tip from over a decade of review work? It's not the weight, it's the hold. Just make sure you can get a simple and repeatable hold on them and you're golden. And yes, standmounts are a perfectly viable option; I actually prefer them at this point. Keep an eye on what these arrive in the USA for- they're outstanding.

Budget is 1000-1200$

The Wharfedale Lintons are a bit above your target range, but very well-regarded by participants here and reviewers. The Wharfedale Diamond 12.3 would be a nice runner-up well in the price range.

@NoTrend ,
Maybe this wouldn't apply to your situation but it sounds similar to mine. I had floor-standing speakers (ELAC F6.2) and they were in front of my records and I had to move them to get records. My floors are carpeting so I had carpet spikes for the speakers. It was an annoyance for sure to move them. Floor-standing speakers are just unwieldy. Mine didn't have a good place to hold onto them or maybe my hands are just too small.

I upgraded to better quality bookshelves (Polk LSIM 703, discontinued now) and it's a much better setup and better sounding too.

I only use my speakers for music, it's not a home theater setup so that might factor in your decision as well.

Just upgraded my speakers to the KEF LS50 Metas and am very happy with them, but it's a good idea to pair with a subwoofer.

I also discovered the importance of decent speaker stands. I ended up getting Pangea audio LS300's and some sorbothane hemispheres to use as speaker feet. I also filled the tubes with sand. I feel almost no vibration when I touch the stands during playback.

Just upgraded my speakers to the KEF LS50 Metas and am very happy with them, but it's a good idea to pair with a subwoofer.

I also discovered the importance of decent speaker stands. I ended up getting Pangea audio LS300's and some sorbothane hemispheres to use as speaker feet. I also filled the tubes with sand. I feel almost no vibration when I touch the stands during playback.
I also use the Pangea LS300 with my KEF LS50s. Great product and was able to get the right height for my room. I use a Klipsch RS-12SW from Costco as a sub; I don’t need a whole lot of bass support in my home office.

My sub is a Dayton Audio Sub-800. I mean, it's basic, but it generally does what a sub-woofer is supposed to do. Might step up someday though.

Did you fill the Pangeas with sand? It actually was very easy and makes them extremely sturdy. Each stand took almost 5lb of fine grain sand.

My sub is a Dayton Audio Sub-800. I mean, it's basic, but it generally does what a sub-woofer is supposed to do. Might step up someday though.

Did you fill the Pangeas with sand? It actually was very easy and makes them extremely sturdy. Each stand took almost 5lb of fine grain sand.
I did not fill the stands with sand. In their current location, the weight of the stand is enough. I did decouple the speakers from the stand with four wads of Blu Tack. The speakers stay in place and don’t vibrate the stands perceptibly.

Back