Everything Video Games!

Got to play some more Final Fantasy 7 Remake and some Elden Ring this weekend. I'm really loving FF7R so far, I just completed the game up through the motorcycle part, which was awesome and ridiculous in the best ways. I love how just about every aspect of this game takes the original carefully into consideration. There's a ton of little details that pay tribute to the original, while modernizing things and improving obvious limits that the original had.

As for Elden Ring, still making steady progress. I'm now level 30, and yesterday I beat a Minor Erdtree, which was a really fun fight. Just about every bit of damage I took felt like it was entirely my fault, in that I either got greedy dealing damage, or didn't read the dodge timing correctly. Boss fights where it feels like I am in control like that are the best. I also fought a shadow looking guy in one of the little dungeons after taking out a bunch of skeletons. These little dungeons have been fun, all of the ones I've ran though have been relatively short, and the boss fights are challenging enough but doable. I did find one of those ring looking areas that have Onyx from Pokemon's cousin all over the place, in which you sit on the teleporter and go to a fight. Don't know what those are called, I haven't been looking anything up. I'm sure it's on the map, but didn't pay that much attention. Anyways, this one had a slower moving character that did ice damage. Wasn't doing a ton of damage, but got to the second phase and got destroyed by a crazy ice attack. Decided I'd come back and try again. I'm now in some mine full of Big Bird/Muppet looking horrorshows, but they're pretty easy to kill so I'm going to explore here a bit.

Got to play some more Final Fantasy 7 Remake and some Elden Ring this weekend. I'm really loving FF7R so far, I just completed the game up through the motorcycle part, which was awesome and ridiculous in the best ways. I love how just about every aspect of this game takes the original carefully into consideration. There's a ton of little details that pay tribute to the original, while modernizing things and improving obvious limits that the original had.

As for Elden Ring, still making steady progress. I'm now level 30, and yesterday I beat a Minor Erdtree, which was a really fun fight. Just about every bit of damage I took felt like it was entirely my fault, in that I either got greedy dealing damage, or didn't read the dodge timing correctly. Boss fights where it feels like I am in control like that are the best. I also fought a shadow looking guy in one of the little dungeons after taking out a bunch of skeletons. These little dungeons have been fun, all of the ones I've ran though have been relatively short, and the boss fights are challenging enough but doable. I did find one of those ring looking areas that have Onyx from Pokemon's cousin all over the place, in which you sit on the teleporter and go to a fight. Don't know what those are called, I haven't been looking anything up. I'm sure it's on the map, but didn't pay that much attention. Anyways, this one had a slower moving character that did ice damage. Wasn't doing a ton of damage, but got to the second phase and got destroyed by a crazy ice attack. Decided I'd come back and try again. I'm now in some mine full of Big Bird/Muppet looking horrorshows, but they're pretty easy to kill so I'm going to explore here a bit.
Ha, yes, they really remind me of the goblins from Labyrinth.

Screenshot_20220404-181358.png

I believe the Onyx places are called Evergaols.

I have been absolutely loving Tunic. I would say, don't watch anything or look anything up. Just play it. It's SO full of secrets.

It's like Dark Souls, meets Link to the Past, meets the Illuminati.
I’m finding it very hard in places. Not sure if it’s gelling with my current gaming mindset, which is pretty much stick it on normal/easy and enjoy the ride.

Got my levels up enough in Final Fantasy X to grind out the quick leveling weapons and start getting closer to maxing out my characters and taking on the end game bosses. I've filled in all to Tidus' sphere grid that were already set, now I'm working on farming spheres for the unassigned slots in the grid. Grinding for Magic spheres is the most boring thing ever, since the quickest way is to use the Anima summon. So much waiting on actions to complete, yet still quicker than other methods I have the ability to try. I'm down to 14 needed to get Tidus to 255 for that stat, then all I have left are maxing accuracy and evasion, and then doing the same for everyone else. I have been having Auron, Rikku, and Yuna level regularly as well, so they won't need too much, but the others will need a bit to get them up to max. I can feel the light at the end of the tunnel!

would love to play Tunic right now, i’ve seen the puzzles/approach to this game compared to Fez which is one of my favorite games of all time. i dont have an xbox, so my only option atm would be steam on mac, but i would prefer to play a game like this on my switch instead, but oh well

After about a million hours of fighting Earth Eaters to farm enough luck spheres to get everyone to around half of the max for the luck stat (120-150), I have finally completed the Sphere Grid for all characters in FFX. Every other stat is maxed, and I wasn't going to bother with luck, but it was recommended to get to that stat range for a better chance fighting one of the secret bosses legit. Now that the grind is over, I can go finish what little I have left to do and get started on FFX-2!

I'm stuck on how to use the Spinning Scythe move in Horizon Forbidden West.

I have been trying to complete the tutorial for it for an hour now and have yet to once activate it.

To use the move it says "R1 - R1 - Pause - R1 R1".

I do R1 RI wait a second or two R1 R1 but it always tells me "Wrong Input" and exits the tutorial for the second set of R1's.

What in the world am I doing wrong. The move goes off in the real world against machines no issue.
If you're still stuck on this (a month later...) some of the melee pits require you to hold that last R1 input to pull off a Half-Moon Slash immediately afterward but they don't actually tell you that.

Platinum'd HFW yesterday. Love that game. I feel like it was a much easier Platinum than Zero Dawn, which is a little sad.

This Malenia, Blade of Miquella fight is killing me. I think I've tried 50 times so far, had her at about 1/3 health in the second phase and got crushed.
I watched Northernlion fight her for hours, then leave and go through a huge chunk of the game, then come back and still get his ass handed to him for many more attempts before he finally got it. Not looking forward to that fight.

I just beat Margit on my playthrough - I went south first before looping back. Looks like I was a little over leveled (31), but still took me 5 tries. Any recommendations on where I should go next? I was thinking East of the castle. I got teleported that way early on via a trapped chest, but quickly left. I think I may be able to handle what's over there now, maybe not.

I watched Northernlion fight her for hours, then leave and go through a huge chunk of the game, then come back and still get his ass handed to him for many more attempts before he finally got it. Not looking forward to that fight.

I just beat Margit on my playthrough - I went south first before looping back. Looks like I was a little over leveled (31), but still took me 5 tries. Any recommendations on where I should go next? I was thinking East of the castle. I got teleported that way early on via a trapped chest, but quickly left. I think I may be able to handle what's over there now, maybe not.
If you mean East Limgrave/Stormhill area, yeah I would clear those first, they should be easier than the castle. Also should be easier than the Weeping Peninsula if you mean you already cleared that.

If you mean East Limgrave/Stormhill area, yeah I would clear those first, they should be easier than the castle. Also should be easier than the Weeping Peninsula if you mean you already cleared that.
When I started I went south down through the Weeping Peninsula, and cleared Castle Morne first and did a bunch of stuff there, and then went back north and west up through to Stormhill and up to the Margit fight, going far enough to get to the Round Table, which is where I left off. I haven't done much in East Limgrave, and looking at a map I see I missed some stuff in W.P. so I think I'll backtrack and then head up east of Stormhill before tackling the castle.

Got eShop and PSN credit to burn and itching for an arcade-y racing game of all things. Any thoughts on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered or Hot Wheels Unleashed?

got Stick Of Truth and Fractured But Whole on sale for Switch a week or so ago. just finished Stick Of Truth and holy shit, what a wild game... can't wait to see what FbW is all about now
I don't typically replay games but I have went back to each of these multiple times. Loved the combat and they nailed the visuals/humor. Hope they get to finish the trilogy.

Got eShop and PSN credit to burn and itching for an arcade-y racing game of all things. Any thoughts on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered or Hot Wheels Unleashed?
They did a nice job on the NFS remaster. The controls “seem” more sensitive than on PS3, but it just might be that I’m 10 years older. I haven’t played Hot Wheels game. The Sonic kart racing game is a good Mario Kart Knockoff too.

got Stick Of Truth and Fractured But Whole on sale for Switch a week or so ago. just finished Stick Of Truth and holy shit, what a wild game... can't wait to see what FbW is all about now
The level where you battle the Gnome Warlock on your parents bed in Stick of Truth is one of the most epic things I've ever seen.

Back