Everything Video Games!

I was the opposite of this mindset for a long, long time. I played games, listened to music, read books and I wanted to finish them even if I didn't like them. Having GamePass, Spotify etc, made that change easy. I've downloaded countless games, gave them a few hours and then gave up. It doesn't matter because I didn't really buy them.
This is an issue for me. It feels like because of availability I end up doing less. It's weird... Before Netflix I watched at least one new movie a day. I didn't care what it was, I'd just download things I hadn't seen, or on the weekends I'd rent like 5 movies for 5 bucks. Before Steam, I'd play one video game until I beat it, then start a new one, but I was always playing something.

Now, with unlimited streaming and hundreds of games on Steam, all I do is watch YouTube videos and play MTG Arena. I look at these giant lists of things available to me and I can't decide what I want to do, so I do the easiest thing and play a game that's generally quick and runs on my cell phone and watch short clips of whatever. It's like I have media commitment issues.

This is an issue for me. It feels like because of availability I end up doing less. It's weird... Before Netflix I watched at least one new movie a day. I didn't care what it was, I'd just download things I hadn't seen, or on the weekends I'd rent like 5 movies for 5 bucks. Before Steam, I'd play one video game until I beat it, then start a new one, but I was always playing something.

Now, with unlimited streaming and hundreds of games on Steam, all I do is watch YouTube videos and play MTG Arena. I look at these giant lists of things available to me and I can't decide what I want to do, so I do the easiest thing and play a game that's generally quick and runs on my cell phone and watch short clips of whatever. It's like I have media commitment issues.
I totally feel this way too. I think it's a psychology of having too much choice. Like a Diner menu with 100 things, it's overwhelming. Remember walking around Blockbuster and seeing a physical VHS or DVD or video game and it feeling more special because it was tangible? I do miss that.

Yeah, this. I feel like I spend more time curating my watchlists instead of actually reading/listening/playing stuff. I had a huge collection of games for my Amiga back in the day (the joy of “evaluation copies”) and I think it gave me a short attention span - if something didn’t grab me in minutes I just gave up and moved on.

Thoughts on Sonic Colors Ultimate in the Switch.
If I lived the original sonic games back in the day is this one worth picking up?

At this point that’s probably why I buy records tbh

I finished The Ascent yesterday. Great game overall. I think the atmosphere here is the biggest takeaway. I hope they make a sequel that expands on the universe and plot points that happen here, they could end up building a really great universe here. The areas are filled to the brim with interesting stuff to look at. Would have loved to get some more lore on some of this. The game controls really well and isn't too difficult. I really liked how even though this is a twin stick shooter, it didn't really resort to the issue a lot of these games have, in that they add an overwhelming amount of enemies to make it "harder". Everything is leveled - expect things around your level to be a good fight, anything above's going to be a challenge or worse.
That is, until the final fight, which is really my main complaint with the game. I liked the concept around this fight, but the final two phases of the game felt a bit much at times. Especially during the final phase, one of the enemies kept using something that made some of the charging mobs invincible, and I was having trouble disabling them while running, and their placement made it difficult to hit anything else, resulting in several deaths. The time I did win, I guess I picked the right spawn area and killed the enemy deploying the invincibility quickly, because I never saw it happen that time.

The weapons, grenades and augmentations allow for some fun customization, but the final build I ended up using had both the ballistic and energy burst rifles fully upgraded, either the hp boosting grenade or the shock grenade based on situation, and the Falcon Punch (I refuse to call it by it's proper name) and the one that tags enemies and heals you when you damage them. I thought it was kind of interesting that the aug I found the most useful (Falcon PUUUUUNCH) is one of the first one given. Does good damage, recharges quick, great at keeping enemies back, and it works through cover as well!

Story is OK, not the most original thing ever, but it's serviceable. The atmosphere really helps this aspect out. My only real complaint here is that some of the text bits from your AI companion get overlooked while you're in the thick of it. Now that I think about it, I didn't look to see if there's a way to retrieve those after the fact.

I'm looking to upgrade my basic keyboard and mouse to a more gaming-compatible style. Do you guys have any recommendations? I've looked online and it's a bit overwhelming on making sure I pick something reliable. Below are the main specs I'm looking for, but I'm open to any other specs I didn't think of.

- $60 or less for both the keyboard and mouse
- Backlit keyboard, bonus if I can pick different color options
- Fullsize keyboard with mechanical and multimedia keys

I'm looking to upgrade my basic keyboard and mouse to a more gaming-compatible style. Do you guys have any recommendations? I've looked online and it's a bit overwhelming on making sure I pick something reliable. Below are the main specs I'm looking for, but I'm open to any other specs I didn't think of.

So I'm sure someone other than me can give you a better recommendation based on experience, but as someone who has struggled to splash out on a keyboard that is more than $10, I have been eyeing a Keychron keyboard lately. They seem to be pretty highly regarded for mechanical keyboard at an entry level price. Check them out.

The C2 is what I've been looking at. Unfortunately if you want backlight they are out at the moment but I think it goes in and out of stock.

Have made 27? attempts I think so far. The first time I got to the last battle with Hades I was using the Adamant Rail, so I kept using that attempting to get far once again. It's a decent enough weapon with enough attacking boons but it's an awful weapon for the final boss battle. I was reading online about different builds and the Shield of Chaos was mentioned as the best. In a few runs before using the Shield, I always leaned heavy on the special attack of the shield throw, but the damage on the shield throw is terrible. The main attack and dash attack are much better, and with some favorable boons I was clearing the first 3 worlds in like 10 minutes each. I also saw someone recommend collecting as much health as possible for 300 total before getting to Hades along with some damage reduction boons. It was BY FAR easier to face Hades that way. The boss battle in Elysium is terrible with the Adamant Rail, it would take me like 10 minutes on that alone running around and firing in different directions. A boon on the shield special with doom and I was done in like 3 minutes. In the last boss battle I was thrown for a curve when I thought I beat Hades only for his second stage to get to me without any Death Defiances left. I can't get over how much fun this game is even after 27 attempts and at least 25 hours of play.
Made it out on attempt 31!! It didn’t even feel like it was going to be the one in the beginning but all of a sudden I got three Ares boons in a row. One of them being a legendary cast for a blade riff, another boon to make it even wider, plus a third to cause exponential damage if it hits more than once. That was game over. I’m assuming the legendary boons must spawn more often after attempt 30 because I hadn’t seen any before that attempt.

I don't have answers but I feel strongly $60 is an appropriate budget for the keyboard alone.

Hoping that they announce deltarune chapter 2 coming to switch soon. BOTW2 news would be cool but I think that’s unlikely. Would love to see silksong but I think that’s still a while out at this point
We need that classic library on switch. Gimmie gb/gb c and gba AND n64 and classic n64 controller !!!!

Back