Does Anyone Follow Musicians on Twitch?

Max Sterling

Not too long ago a friend of mine mentioned she had been watching Twitch in her down time. I thought this odd. "Isn't Twitch just video game streams and attention seekers?" I asked.

Honestly, that is the majority of content out there, but there's this whole other world of musicians from every background just jamming every night, sometimes original stuf, sometimes they'll improv requests, sometimes they just free-form over YouTube videos, adding their own flair. It's a weird and wonderful world of interactive musical entertainment. The musicians can talk to you, you can tip them and they'll be thankful and bump your song or whatever. Sometimes they play song after song for hours, sometimes they end up talking to chat more than playing music, but depending on the person that can be amazing as well.

Anyway, it's an interesting ecosystem where many of them know each other and share regulars, do collaborations, mod each others channels. Most of them have their own discord channels and emotes and meme culture. If you're ever bored and looking for something different, check out the performers on Twitch some time.

Here are some I follow.

JonandJosh - These two brothers play drums and guitar over YouTube requests every night from 8 to 10. They're incredibly charming.
MattGaddy - This fella plays bass over YouTube requests, and sometimes puppets... Great dude.
Maxadrums - A Drummer from Sweden who plays over Youtube requests. He's a machine and never sleeps.
CrabKeekz - This is a Brother and Sister from Canada who sing like angels and play guitar and Uke. They have a songlist you can request from. Sometimes they play video games.
JayPostones - This is the actual drummer from Tesseract. He's insanely talented, kind of goofy.
PixelPlayhouse - This is an online musical theater group. They have a rotating cast of pianists, singers, and producers who do musical and Disney songs. They plan on doing full production shows in the future.
DrumUltima - This incredibly talented marimba player can learn and pick out any video game, anime, cartoon, whatever song you throw at him. Super nerdy, very fun.
FantasticPlastics - A couple... I think... they're a New Wave band with crazy characters. They're fun folks.

There are literally hundred's maybe thousands of amazing musicians out there doing crazy fun things, these are just the ones I follow. There are also some more famous ones out there too. HANA , the pop singer who collabed on "We Appreciate Power" with Grimes and "On My Own" with Anamanaguchi recorded and mixed her entire album HANADRIEL on Twitch, you can actually go through her videos and watch the whole process. 66Samus was one of the drummers on Devin Townsend's last album and has a huge following on Twitch and YouTube. He's a total goof.

Anyone else follow musicians on Twitch?

Back