Do I have a Banksy?

eatdogs

Ok I just found this out and it's kinda crazy. Let me explain...

Today I received a random message on Discogs from someone asking me to sell a copy of this obscure Screamo band's final album. They were called The Apoplexy Twist Orchestra and the album is titled Create the New.

I was curious about why someone would want this particular record. Who had heard of this band outside of the hardcore Screamo fans out there huh? Anyway the highest sold copy was $99 dollars and the last sold copy was this past August.

Currently there is one listed for $€999.00
+€15.00 shipping from Austria which makes it about $1,179.07 total on the page for me. The seller says it's a Banksy.

I grabbed my copy out of the crate and looked it over and took some pictures and added them to the Discogs listing. I don't know how many are pressed, I couldn't find any other information on it, I have no idea if this is legit. Discogs has all the Banksy listings collected on the site for people to look at: Banksy

So yeah. I found this record at my local shop back in 2018 while I was taking a break from watching my newborn daughter in the hospital. I call that day my biggest hit ever from the "Emo Crate". Some poor soul sold their entire collection of rare Emo and Screamo records and I bought about 90% of the collection. I got some extremely rare ones in that collection.

Here are some of the pictures I took:PXL_20211015_160459835.jpgPXL_20211015_160507172.jpgPXL_20211015_160640572.jpgPXL_20211015_160628768.jpgPXL_20211015_160613112.jpgPXL_20211015_160613112.jpgPXL_20211015_160550874.jpgPXL_20211015_160540522.jpgPXL_20211015_160557877.jpgPXL_20211015_160701905.jpg

Ok I just found this out and it's kinda crazy. Let me explain...

Today I received a random message on Discogs from someone asking me to sell a copy of this obscure Screamo band's final album. They were called The Apoplexy Twist Orchestra and the album is titled Create the New.

I was curious about why someone would want this particular record. Who had heard of this band outside of the hardcore Screamo fans out there huh? Anyway the highest sold copy was $99 dollars and the last sold copy was this past August.

Currently there is one listed for $€999.00
+€15.00 shipping from Austria which makes it about $1,179.07 total on the page for me. The seller says it's a Banksy.

I grabbed my copy out of the crate and looked it over and took some pictures and added them to the Discogs listing. I don't know how many are pressed, I couldn't find any other information on it, I have no idea if this is legit. Discogs has all the Banksy listings collected on the site for people to look at: Banksy

So yeah. I found this record at my local shop back in 2018 while I was taking a break from watching my newborn daughter in the hospital. I call that day my biggest hit ever from the "Emo Crate". Some poor soul sold their entire collection of rare Emo and Screamo records and I bought about 90% of the collection. I got some extremely rare ones in that collection.

Here are some of the pictures I took:View attachment 114915View attachment 114916View attachment 114917View attachment 114918View attachment 114919View attachment 114919View attachment 114920View attachment 114921View attachment 114922View attachment 114923
Banksy released the HMV Rocket Dog print in 2003, that album is 2004. So either they copied a whole bunch of Banksy stuff, or its real. My guess is, in 2004, about 6 years before he got really really popular, that's real.

I bought this comp when it came out & almost bought the others in the series a few times but my budget held me back. Years later, it's probably my most valuable record.

That's awesome. Were they very limited? I'm curious about the pressing that I own. I am going to assume that it was very limited like probably a few hundred copies.

That's awesome. Were they very limited? I'm curious about the pressing that I own. I am going to assume that it was very limited like probably a few hundred copies.

They weren't limited edition as such, but I think it would have been a small run. The whole series came out around the same time, I don't think I saw any left after a month or so. If they had stayed a while I would definitely have picked up more from the series.

I think yours looks like the real deal & detailed stencil work. looks like a fantastic find.

Is it actually stenciled? Like spray painted? Or is it printed?

Because if it's actually painted and not printed... Hoo boy yeah... That'll be worth something

Is it actually stenciled? Like spray painted? Or is it printed?

Because if it's actually painted and not printed... Hoo boy yeah... That'll be worth something
It's on a sorta card stock paper and all the textures feel the same so I'm going to guess it's printed.

It's on a sorta card stock paper and all the textures feel the same so I'm going to guess it's printed.
Could be screen printed. Either way it's worth an email to that website mentioned above. I'm sure they're aware of the release and would be able to give you some info.

The RCA dog with a rocket launcher is a Banksy piece

As is the elephant with the rocket

He has a version of the girl with the rocket but she's a mirror image of the one on the record

Last edited:
I asked about this on the Discogs page and got this response:

"I have the Limbless Records test press box set that includes a copy of this but the artwork is screened onto clear projector film instead of cardboard. The pressing info from the box says:

“20 test presses came to Limbless, I’m unsure how many are in Europe
I think around 500 were pressed, but the total may be more, I’m not positive.
The 100 Limbless copies can be identified by the shredded sticker paper applied to the dust sleeves, the euro copies have no dust sleeves and instead have a thick plastic outer sleeve.
All copies were on white vinyl (sans test presses)”

My personal thinking is that they just screened some previously known banksy pieces onto the packaging and it’s likely not a “legit” banksy, given how many copies they made. But who knows for certain."

At this point I still have no idea and haven't gotten a response yet from Banksy's website so the mystery still goes on. I honestly don't care if it's legit or not, but I am very interested in the history of this release now lol.

Back