Distorted vocals problem

Got my replacement Blue from Amazon today. The problem seems fixed for the most part. I still hear slight distortion on the vocals on that particular album but not nearly as bad and it was on par with when I installed my Black cartridge on the old Blue body. So I'm thinking it's a bad pressing that was exacerbated by a bad stylus.
We recently had an issue with a headphone, I believe it was a PS2000e. The user was hearing distortion and kept sending the headphone back but we couldn't find anything, we eventually swapped out the headphone, same problems. We had the user check some other components, they found a problem with a different piece that wasn't picked up by other headphones. When the problem was fixed the distortion was gone. There are many things that can cause a problem, and increased detail also means you hear more of the imperfections in your source or possibly other problems within the system. Nothing is perfect and that includes our cartridges and headphones, and we have problems with some pieces that go out, we do our best to trouble shoot and correct what we can. Its all we can do...

We recently had an issue with a headphone, I believe it was a PS2000e. The user was hearing distortion and kept sending the headphone back but we couldn't find anything, we eventually swapped out the headphone, same problems. We had the user check some other components, they found a problem with a different piece that wasn't picked up by other headphones. When the problem was fixed the distortion was gone. There are many things that can cause a problem, and increased detail also means you hear more of the imperfections in your source or possibly other problems within the system. Nothing is perfect and that includes our cartridges and headphones, and we have problems with some pieces that go out, we do our best to trouble shoot and correct what we can. Its all we can do...
I appreciate the response. I definitely feel like the problem lies elsewhere to fully fix the problem. But there was at least a significant improvement when I replaced the cartridge so it must have at least been a part of the equation. My hunch is that it was the stylus because it also improved when I put my Black1 stylus back in my original Blue. I'm not sure how it works with you and Amazon but hopefully it makes it's way back to you so you have the opportunity to review it.

Yeah personally I'd also like to change my vote to the wooden one, that's freaking gorgeous.

Back