Desert Island Discs

Bsdmr2

Desert Island Discs is quite a long running and popular programme in the UK on BBC Radio 4, and now the programme shares a presenter with BBC 6music in Lauren Laverne. I'm not sure if this is something that translates across the pond or not, but I thought it might be a fun thread to start and get people's Desert Island selections.

As you can see from the picture below, the rules are simple. Choose 8 tracks (1 that you'd save as your sole track), a book and a luxury item for your time on a desert island.

100827131_3338595499497970_639395749905301504_o.jpg

If you've never listened to BBC 6music then check it out. It's a brilliant station and plays all the music we know and love on this forum.

Desert Island Discs is quite a long running and popular programme in the UK on BBC Radio 4, and now the programme shares a presenter with BBC 6music in Lauren Laverne. I'm not sure if this is something that translates across the pond or not, but I thought it might be a fun thread to start and get people's Desert Island selections.

As you can see from the picture below, the rules are simple. Choose 8 tracks (1 that you'd save as your sole track), a book and a luxury item for your time on a desert island.

View attachment 49177

If you've never listened to BBC 6music then check it out. It's a brilliant station and plays all the music we know and love on this forum.

@Selaws already set this up last year 😉

Mods can we get a thread merge?

Day 24: Soundtrack Su

View attachment 49177

Totally forgot about the thread so thanks for flagging it. Would be nice to get it more active again, I actually listened through the ones that were posted as a playlist and it was great fun.

Doh! Thread merge me then! Or delete and i'll re-post in there. Damn - should have used the search function...

View attachment 49177

You choose just a song? Or the full album?

You choose just a song? Or the full album?

Following the radio show format it’s 8 songs 1 book (in addition to the complete works of Shakespeare and the Bible which are already there) and one luxury (that cant allow you to hear from/contact the outside world). You then have to pick one song to save from the waves if it’s washing your 8 disks away.

Back