Definitive Audiophile pressings

it's such a shame Drunk was never released as an LP. Love the album. Hate the 10" bullshit.
I also have this, which I never play, and will not part from the collection until my hands are long blue and lifeless:

Good interview. Sorry if already posted.
I’m waiting on my Cars to arrive. I skipped the Coltrane.

Oooh. Now, I need Blood on the Tracks, but from what I remember, that Mofi ain't good. @Joe Mac yes no?

The regular MoFi is just ok. It’s not bad but for the price is absolutely not great either. Just a smidge ahead of a standard pressing. The one step is out of this world.

Edit: That got intense quick after. Lee needs anger management. I didn’t notice it had been repressed before I posted. Given “normal” pressings are not far off that now for $40 it is probably fine, but don’t expect to be blown away.

Last edited:
As to the "reliable sources" who claim different on YouTube - maybe they should check with Speakers Corner or us before putting out rumours. But maybe verified information does not get you as much attention ...
Late to the party, but those last couple of sentences hit the nail on the head.

I LOVE the extra bits that come with this hobby (this forum, obviously - instagram pages - youtube videos - etc) but it seems like a lot of the youtube side of it is becoming a battle for clicks and traffic. Its a slippery slope to go down and this Speakers Corner non-story is a prime example.

Late to the party, but those last couple of sentences hit the nail on the head.

I LOVE the extra bits that come with this hobby (this forum, obviously - instagram pages - youtube videos - etc) but it seems like a lot of the youtube side of it is becoming a battle for clicks and traffic. Its a slippery slope to go down and this Speakers Corner non-story is a prime example.
the "celebrity" aspect of it is so weird to me. so you have all these people now with youtube shows, inviting on random guests to try to have some breaking news to drive views. westman should have vetted it before releasing that info. not hard to contact the people in charge of speakers corner it seems. but he probably doesn't care because it got him some views.

Good interview. Sorry if already posted.
I’m waiting on my Cars to arrive. I skipped the Coltrane.

Interesting to hear they have at least one more (seemingly non-jazz if I read between the lines) album already ready to go in the series.

they are doing one jazz and one rock record per quarter in this series. next ones should be announced fairly soon (within the next month i imagine).

That's good news. They should definitely try to use their catalogue to the fullest. Hopefully they go a little more recent too, like 90's and beyond, to differentiate themselves even more from the others.

That's good news. They should definitely try to use their catalogue to the fullest. Hopefully they go a little more recent too, like 90's and beyond, to differentiate themselves even more from the others.

For sure. With it being Warners reissue label they have a pretty huge and interesting catelogue between all the original Warner labels and the ones they’ve bought since like Reprise and Asylum and Atlantic and even Parlophone minus the Beatles and Radiohead!

From their old stuff I’d love to see more of van the Man done, his catelogue has barely been touched with reissues and some of the old stuff can be hard to find and as there is a Joni buzz right now with her reissue series one or two of the better ones would be a nice bridge between the standard reissue series and the one steps due out.

For sure. With it being Warners reissue label they have a pretty huge and interesting catelogue between all the original Warner labels and the ones they’ve bought since like Reprise and Asylum and Atlantic and even Parlophone minus the Beatles and Radiohead!

From their old stuff I’d love to see more of van the Man done, his catelogue has barely been touched with reissues and some of the old stuff can be hard to find and as there is a Joni buzz right now with her reissue series one or two of the better ones would be a nice bridge between the standard reissue series and the one steps due out.
I was just saying to someone that some Van Mo like Tupelo Honey would be rad in this series.

For Joni, I think the box sets are really great and good value. The jackets are nice quality too. I expect those will broken out eventually.

I was just saying to someone that some Van Mo like Tupelo Honey would be rad in this series.

For Joni, I think the box sets are really great and good value. The jackets are nice quality too. I expect those will broken out eventually.

They mostly are. I think the 5 upto and including For The Roses have been. Songs to a Seagull and Clouds came out today, just picked up her first this morning, the US OG I had was a little scratchy and Crosby really fucked up the production. Supposedly the new version is much improved.

Would figure the last 3 from the first two boxes will be out soon and that they’ll continue to release them. Her late 90s/early 00s stuff was a real return to form and has never come out on vinyl.

Last edited:
PSA if you’re looking for Rhino-Cars — Warner Canada still has copies: The Cars (Rhino High Fidelity)
This code should still work for 25% off: 6R2F0N5743X6
You have to pay much heftier shipping, but it’s smoky-ass Canadian money, so the $CAD prices are discounted if you’re in the US.
I don’t think this was posted here already. If it was, sorry!

Thank you for this. I didn’t know I needed it, streamed it on my way to work and then bought it.

Although it’s out of stock in the uk Warner store with the code it was still cheaper than their list, even with $28 shipping, and although I’ll have to stump up customs I would have to from the uk too because of brexshit.

I then found the MoFi Candy O in stock at JPC and bought that too. Not bad for a band I hadn’t listened to at 9am today…

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I didn’t know I needed it, streaked it on my way to work and then bought it.

Although it’s out of stock in the uk Warner store with the code it was still cheaper than their list, even with $28 shipping, and although I’ll have to stump up customs I would have to from the uk too because of brexshit.

I then found the MoFi Candy O in stock at JPC and bought that too. Not bad for a band I hadn’t listened to at 9am today…
The Rhino pressing is awesome

Thank you for this. I didn’t know I needed it, streaked it on my way to work and then bought it.

You're in for a treat with both of those pressings. Also I can't believe you've never heard the Cars.

Am I old?

No, no you're just impossibly young and sheltered. Yes. Yes that's it.

OH YOU SWEET IGNORANT SUMMER CHILD YOU

You're in for a treat with both of those pressings. Also I can't believe you've never heard the Cars.

Am I old?

No, no you're just impossibly young and sheltered. Yes. Yes that's it.

OH YOU SWEET IGNORANT SUMMER CHILD YOU

I think it’s more that I’ve always focused on British and Irish music and it’s always been like the greats and the rabbit holes they’ve led me down from the states lol!

I don’t think there’s more than half a decade between us in age lol.

I think it’s more that I’ve always focused on British and Irish music and it’s always been like the greats and the rabbit holes they’ve led me down from the states lol!

I don’t think there’s more than half a decade between us in age lol.
YOU ARE A SWEET IGNORANT SUMMER CHILD AND I WON'T HEAR ANOTHER WORD TO THE CONTRARY

Heard of! Yes! Heard! Nope! Or not that I remembered and it’s really catchy so I think I’d remember!
You didn’t recognize “Just What I Needed” and/or “My Best Friends Girl” at all? They just feel like inescapable pop anthems.

The album is a true Pop masterpiece Ric & company made a debut album that is head and shoulders above many of their peers greatest hits compilations.

Back