Crateism Record Club

I don't know; I'll find out (theoretically) by the end of the month/early Dec. or (more realistically) sometime in 2023!

For those of us that signed up for the year, it's been a bit of a bumpy ride with delays and, for me anyway, tracking numbers for records that weren't received by the post office without some email nudging, but all in all it's been a heckuva deal. Here's the rundown of what we got for our $100 or whatever it was:

Crateism 2022.png

They aren't doing the Record of the Month club for 2023, but they are doing a Mystery Box subscription. I bought a few of the mystery boxes over the course of the year, and it's been a mixed bag for sure. The first one was great with Prince's 1999 and Robert Glasper's Black Radio III (which had just come out when I got the package), but other selections were not as much to my taste. However, I did get Makaya McCraven's In These Times in a mystery box this month, which is great. The mystery box subscriptions are 50% off until the end the week at 3, 6, or 12 month increments of two records each month. I'm a sucker for things like this, so I'm going to use my discount code for being a RotM subscriber to sign up for next year. It'll come to $6 per record; seems a relatively safe bet, and at the least an opportunity for me to contribute to the PiF thread!

2023 Mystery Vinyl Box Subscription | crateism

For those of us that signed up for the year, it's been a bit of a bumpy ride with delays and, for me anyway, tracking numbers for records that weren't received by the post office without some email nudging, but all in all it's been a heckuva deal. Here's the rundown of what we got for our $100 or whatever it was:

View attachment 162240

They aren't doing the Record of the Month club for 2023, but they are doing a Mystery Box subscription. I bought a few of the mystery boxes over the course of the year, and it's been a mixed bag for sure. The first one was great with Prince's 1999 and Robert Glasper's Black Radio III (which had just come out when I got the package), but other selections were not as much to my taste. However, I did get Makaya McCraven's In These Times in a mystery box this month, which is great. The mystery box subscriptions are 50% off until the end the week at 3, 6, or 12 month increments of two records each month. I'm a sucker for things like this, so I'm going to use my discount code for being a RotM subscriber to sign up for next year. It'll come to $6 per record; seems a relatively safe bet, and at the least an opportunity for me to contribute to the PiF thread!

Yeah, despite me having to email in about 5 times reminding them to ship me my ROTM, the return on this $100 investment was immense. Lots of quality LP's in this. I didn't even know the Dinner Party was announced as the final ROTM, but that is a good one as well.

I actually ordered one of their 3x LP mystery boxes which is en route for $41, so it will be interesting. I think if their mystery box selection is from the albums they keep in stock, this would be a very good investment. I didn't plan on dropping another $150 for records but damn.

@nolalady

View attachment 162240

You got a lot more than I did. I had to chase them down repeatedly to get anything delivered. What's funny is I even offered the option of just selecting overstock replacements for the out-of-stock titles, which is basically what they're offering for 2023. This is the email they sent this morning (also posted in the Deals thread, as that was my introduction to these fine thieving folks):

Hello! According to our records, the July ROTM (Tyler, The Creator's "Call Me If You Get Lost"), October ROTM (Muni Long's "Public Displays of Affection") and December ROTM (Terrace Martin's "Dinner Party") did not ship. They are on their way now. A link including the tracking information is below.

This will be your last shipment from the vinyl club, as the August, September and November ROTMs are out of stock and have been on backorder for some time. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we will be receiving them any time soon due to production issues. You will receive a refund for the remaining months. A credit to your issuing bank may take up to 2-7 business days.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are including a code for $10 off of your next purchase. Use Ld84 at checkout (expires 4/2/23).

Thank you!

The CRATEISM Team

I didn't even know the Dinner Party was announced as the final ROTM, but that is a good one as well.
Has anyone received the December ROTM, Dinner Party, yet?

I agree it was a good deal but don't think I will resubscribe. It was just too much hassle to email them every month asking "where's my record"? I suppose this will be the case with the last December one too.

Back