Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I have it and like it a lot. If you have a lot of Cash live albums, it's in that same vein. It does sound acoustically like he's in a ballroom, so there is a "in a cavern" sound to my ears. The performance is great as is the setlist, so I'd recommend it. If I had to chose between this and Folsom, I'd pick the latter.

I concur - I think it sounds great on my system, even if the vox are a bit high in the mix for my tastes. The historical nature of the performance, with a smaller band, June's mini-set, days before his career blew into the stratosphere, in a short-lived venue primarily set up for the burgeoning psychedelic music scene, makes it worth it to me. I don't know that everyone will want all the reproduced ephemera and extensive liner notes, but it's fun to have.

I just spotted that too. Just bought tickets for that one and for Allison Russel at The Basement East in May!

I'd like to go Allison Russell but can't go them all unfortunately. I love to see artists at the Basement and the High Watt before they get too big. If I have to go the Beast, I'd just as soon see them at the Ryman. I think American Aquarium is going to announce a show there before too long to be honest. Maybe I am wrong but I asked him why Nashville wasn't on the tour with Margo Cilker and he said you'd find out in a couple of weeks.

I'd like to go Allison Russell but can't go them all unfortunately. I love to see artists at the Basement and the High Watt before they get too big. If I have to go the Beast, I'd just as soon see them at the Ryman. I think American Aquarium is going to announce a show there before too long to be honest. Maybe I am wrong but I asked him why Nashville wasn't on the tour with Margo Cilker and he said you'd find out in a couple of weeks.
Yeah she played at the Blue Room at Third Man a couple months ago but wasn’t able to make that one, and I figure with her getting Grammy noms and all the hype it might be my last chance to catch her in a smallish venue. But I’m the same way, something special about the Basement and High Watt. Was planning on catching this one tonight but plans fell through unfortunately.

Yeah she played at the Blue Room at Third Man a couple months ago but wasn’t able to make that one, and I figure with her getting Grammy noms and all the hype it might be my last chance to catch her in a smallish venue. But I’m the same way, something special about the Basement and High Watt. Was planning on catching this one tonight but plans fell through unfortunately.

Yeah I would have like to gone to that one or Charles Wesley Godwin at 3rd and Lindsley but Covid finally got me.

View attachment 128470

Posting this here. This album is a gem.

Back