Colorado

While it might have a great selection, Twist and Shout just has this air of pretentiousness (and prices) that even a record store clerk would shudder at.

Wax Trax 4 lyfe.

While it might have a great selection, Twist and Shout just has this air of pretentiousness (and prices) that even a record store clerk would shudder at.

Wax Trax 4 lyfe.
I have bought stuff from them online at very reasonable prices, I have never been to the physical store though

I have bought stuff from them online at very reasonable prices, I have never been to the physical store though

Huh, didn't know they had an online store. I guess what I'm realizing is that their staff can be hit or miss. Today was a miss, in a very snobby way that'll keep me away from there for a bit. They have loads of selection, especially newer releases/presses, but I've found it's always a few bucks more expensive than it reasonably should be (used is always at high end of Discogs, from what I can tell).

Anywho, I'll wrap up my rant and just tell folks that, for my money, the best place in Denver to crate dig is Wax Trax. No frills, knowledgable staff, right prices. Has that record store feel, always a gem to be found.

Give em both a visit next time you're in the Queen City.

Huh, didn't know they had an online store. I guess what I'm realizing is that their staff can be hit or miss. Today was a miss, in a very snobby way that'll keep me away from there for a bit. They have loads of selection, especially newer releases/presses, but I've found it's always a few bucks more expensive than it reasonably should be (used is always at high end of Discogs, from what I can tell).

Anywho, I'll wrap up my rant and just tell folks that, for my money, the best place in Denver to crate dig is Wax Trax. No frills, knowledgable staff, right prices. Has that record store feel, always a gem to be found.

Give em both a visit next time you're in the Queen City.
they are on discogs

I guess since I don't live there anymore I can let the secret out... Black & Read is the best place for used records. Not Black & Read II. They used to have some good stuff but a few years ago got picked over real good and I haven't seen anything since. But the North store is the place to be. Super cool guys that work there that end up hooking you up once they get to know you. I've found some incredible stuff there. The best are the piles on the floor that they haven't put out yet. Check em out!!

Going to Denver area to see Kacey Musgraves at Red Rocks. Will also go to Rockies and Dodgers game at Coors Field.
I will visit some records shops, but also want to know the go-to hiking, coffee shops, restaurants etc... I'm going to be there June 25th evening to June 29th afternoon.

Going to Denver area to see Kacey Musgraves at Red Rocks. Will also go to Rockies and Dodgers game at Coors Field.
I will visit some records shops, but also want to know the go-to hiking, coffee shops, restaurants etc... I'm going to be there June 25th evening to June 29th afternoon.

There are way too many great hikes in the area, but I generally suggest visitors giving this article (and their updates) a read through.

Lots of good food options. Mercantile Dining & Provision is one of the better restaurants in the city (James Beard award winning chef). I love Stowaway for brunch.

Coffee shops are abundant. I'm a fan of Weathervane since it's a bit quirky. Can't go wrong with Pablo's on 6th (no wifi, nice cozy spot).

If breweries are your thing, check out Ratio and Our Mutual Friend, down the street from one another.

Hi Colorado friends. I hope to get our to your beautiful state sometime - looks like a very enjoyable place.

I need to get out to Red Rocks for sure. Bucket list stuff. Little request here..if anyone is going to Kacey at Red Rocks tonight and could grab me a signed metallic print, it would be super appreciated. I'll throw extra $ you way too. Thanks.

Hi Colorado friends. I hope to get our to your beautiful state sometime - looks like a very enjoyable place.

I need to get out to Red Rocks for sure. Bucket list stuff. Little request here..if anyone is going to Kacey at Red Rocks tonight and could grab me a signed metallic print, it would be super appreciated. I'll throw extra $ you way too. Thanks.

I missed out on the signed posters! 😓 everybody and their mamma were gettin them!

I know you are so-so on VMP right now, but they will give you a tour of their office and let you meet staff if you have any interest in that. You may not and that is cool.

I know you are so-so on VMP right now, but they will give you a tour of their office and let you meet staff if you have any interest in that. You may not and that is cool.

I’m visiting Colorado as well! Is there a specific person to contact to do a tour?

I’m visiting Colorado as well! Is there a specific person to contact to do a tour?
I will find out if you should just contact info or a specific person. Send me a DM so I can remember to ask and give you a response. I share it here to, I am not trying to hide info, DM is just a better way for me to remember to do something

Back