Colorado

I can't make this on Sunday, but if anyone is around Denver, Pon Pon Room is hosting a vinyl swap with a few local sellers:

Recollect is also doing one of their $0.50 sales. All of this happening next door to my favorite brunch spot, Stowaway Kitchen.

Make a day of it!

Hey all. I'm planning a vacation in Denver for 7-9 days in Sept. Looking for recommendations. Looking at Red Rocks, hiking in the Rocky Mountains, fly fishing somewhere, and some records shopping and more. Any recommendations, things overrated or underrated?

Hey all. I'm planning a vacation in Denver for 7-9 days in Sept. Looking for recommendations. Looking at Red Rocks, hiking in the Rocky Mountains, fly fishing somewhere, and some records shopping and more. Any recommendations, things overrated or underrated?
For record shopping, I think Recollect is the best shop in town. They specialize in jazz, funk, soul, hip hop, and international stuff, but they have a decent rock section too. There are always really good records in their $3 backroom too.

Wax Trax is also a great place for digging. They have two shops a couple of doors from each other: one carries new records and some CDs, and the other is entirely used vinyl. They have an interesting selection of underground music and punk/indie, and fairly deep used sections across all the usual genres.

Twist and Shout has the best selection of new records in town, but I find their used vinyl overpriced and generally disappointing. Be VERY careful about condition when you shop their used section; they let a lot of VG- records make it onto their shelves.

If you make it to Boulder at some point, and specifically Pearl Street, Paradise Found records is great people. I used to go to their former shop - Bart's Record Shop - weekly when I was in law school there over the last three years. Awesome staff and a great selection of stuff. They just opened this really nice looking shop that's about three times the size of Bart's on Pearl Street. They always have great stuff in, and actually have a partnership with VMP to sell ROTMs.

@topofthedial what’d ya think of year one? SloLow had a wild collection of jazz I snagged some good ones from.

I thought it was great. The venue was good and the quality of the vendors was solid. It probably wasn't quite as big as the Denver Record Collectors' Expo shows, but definitely a promising start to this new series.

I spent a LOT of money at SloLow's table. I also picked up a decent stack of records from the guy who was selling a few boxes of latin records in the back... while I was chatting with him, he casually dropped that he was a "retired elder of the Zulu Nation" who used to hang out with Bambaataa and Flash. Crazy!

Back