Christmas Vinyl Music Challenge

Day 5 - Let's keep it contemporary - Kacey seems to love her Xmas albums. This one is just a straight pleasant, fun listen of some mainline and some cheeky Xmas picks

Kacey Musgraves – A Very Kacey Christmas

View attachment 160332

Day 6 and we double up! I wish these were studio tracks but it’s pretty much a cut from the special itself. Guests are generally quite good too.

The Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show

1670419059782717747909159304749.jpg

Got this beauty for 50 cents a few years ago at a Kiwanis sale, Cleaned up real nice.

This is unusual in that sides A and D are on LP1 and B C on LP2 for some reason

View attachment 160710
Ah, back in the good ol' days of stacking records on a tall spindle so that after one was played, the second would fall into place automatically and be played next, it was common to put side 1 on the first record and side 2 on the second so they could be stacked to play in order. When they'd played through, flip both records over and play side 3, then 4. Brilliant.

Day 9

I was out all weekend between some illness and my mother's big birthday day. Part of that day was bringing her to a huge flea market to finish up her Christmas shopping. While it was a great day, it did mean I wasn't really able to look through the record vendors that were there. However, there was one man who I think largely goes there to hang out who had a slew of cheapo depot flea market records in his bin where this one was sitting. There's nothing fancy about it but I didn't have it and honestly, it feels like an essential Xmas album to own if you're gonna go that way - I'm a tiny bit surprised it's not one of those that is everywhere like so much Frank is, but it's great.

Frank Sinatra – The Sinatra Christmas Album

PXL_20221213_175607335.jpg

Ive got such shitty options left haha

but I will post summat tonight. My most recent listen was Christmas Hymns from the BBC Orchestra or similar - Wait for my post...

Back