Christmas Vinyl Music Challenge

ByersVinyl

Welcome to December !
Ok I’ve not been posting much lately but im popping this thread in here.
Did I miss it ? well if it exists already apologies, anyhow I couldn’t find it 🤷‍♂️ image.jpg
Most of you know the score, post a different Christmas album each day until you have no More to post, last one standing wins the day.

And yes I’m posting the obvious immediately to grab Charlie Browns Christmas cheer !

I love me some Xmas tunes. I think i can make it to Day 25, or at least close to it

I want to start off with one of my favorite Holiday pickups from the past year. A person on Reddit sold their whole collection of some really super cool blues, roots, jazz, and all around high quality ear goodies. However, it was posted for a couple days before someone swooped in to buy it in bulk and I was able to snag I think 10 records off of him. This one I couldn't resist. Someone has pieced together most of it on Spotify. Louis dominates the back half with some all-timer names strewn across it - Ella, Benny Goodman, Lightnin Hopkins, it's just full of Christmas fire.

PXL_20221201_193514801.MP.jpg

Welcome to December !
Did I miss it ? well if it exists already apologies, anyhow I couldn’t find it 🤷‍♂️ View attachment 159716
Most of you know the score, post a different Christmas album each day until you have no More to post, last one standing wins the day.

And yes I’m posting the obvious immediately to grab Charlie Browns Christmas cheer !
More interested in your turntable than your record! Is that a 1219? Love me some Dual! I've got a 1219 running right along with my Clearaudio Concept. Masterpiece of engineering if you ask me.

Welcome to December !
Did I miss it ? well if it exists already apologies, anyhow I couldn’t find it 🤷‍♂️ View attachment 159716

Does this mean that we cannot repeat an album somebody else has posted? And, if so, say I have a red variant of this, does that count or is the album eliminated?

Does this mean that we cannot repeat an album somebody else has posted? And, if so, say I have a red variant of this, does that count or is the album eliminated?

I am not sure and am curious. I doubt I have 25 unique choices after everyone else gets their picks out there (just counted, I think I have about 35 Xmas records so...yeah maybe I get to the teens if I am wholly unique. I'll break out the dupes after that)

With that said, let's knock an obvious one out. Others here have said it's great and it is a very well mastered record, nice and full and fits the overall mood it should. I give it a pretty strong recommend merely because it's Ella and it's an absolute classic, but the most recent version is an RKS master which elevates it and while it's retailish now, last year it dropped to the mid-teens a month or few after the holidays. If you see it there, grab it.

Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas

PXL_20221202_130139095.jpg

Last edited:
I just messaged Asthmatic Kitty Records begging them to put more copies of Songs for Christmas Vols 8 and 10 on sale so I can complete my collection.

Not the proudest day of my life.

More interested in your turntable than your record! Is that a 1219? Love me some Dual! I've got a 1219 running right along with my Clearaudio Concept. Masterpiece of engineering if you ask me.
Indeed it is yes, I have been tempted by newer models a few times but always return !

Well we can try not to at least 🤷‍♂️
in fact only pull out the duplicates when u have nothing left and put an asterisk 😊
Then we can give kudos to the xmas maestro.

2nd December offering
I have a real soft spot for this …..
And yes I have still got Charlie Brown on the Player but gonna spin this shortly !
I have not a prayer of making 25 vinyls, but I had to keep this thread going, I’m certainly not this threads architect but one who played along poorly over past years.

image.jpg

Back