Black Box Record Club

cfkane

Didn't see a thread for this.

I guess the way it works is you connect your Discogs and/or Spotify account to the service and you get 2 LP's a month curated based on your tastes. Anyone Joined alread and have some feedback on it?

Watching the youtube videos on it now

EDIT: This actually seems really cool. I may try it one month if I see someone un boxing some hip hop that looks great! They have a 5$ off code too. I wonder the cost per month

Last edited:
I have used them before. It was great for someone like me who has a pretty small collection and needs to build up. The bands that I got sent were all well-known (Death Cab, Tallest Man on Earth, Sleater-Kinney, Nirvana, etc) so it wasn't like some of the videos I saw with that vnyl company where they send you stuff you've never heard of. I could probably have bought some of the records cheaper on Discogs, but they were about the same/cheaper for the most part than my local store. Also, customer service was great they two times I spoke to them. I did put a pause on it for now because I wanted to try some other clubs. I haven't seen a lot of stuff in terms of hip hop offerings, and I tend to listen to more indie rock/folk on Spotify so I never got sent any.

Also, if they send you something you already have, they will let you return it and send you something else instead. Happened to me once but otherwise they kept an eye on my Discogs pretty well.

I pulled the trigger on it. Will give it a try for a month or two and see how it goes. 2 records for $34 doesn't seem too bad a deal.

Back