Best sounding record in your collection...

The Blade Runner OST pressing by Analogue Productions.

EDIT:

Adding more because I just thought of more when I should be sleeping....

OG Japanese pressings of David Bowie's Station to Station and Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures - I don't have any other pressings to compare to, but they just sound phenomenal!
Arthur Verocai's s/t (Mr Bongo reissue) - I do not have the half-speed mastered edition, but I can't imagine how much better it would sound.
The new Sunn O))) - Ferocious AAA cut.

Last edited:
Hard to pick one but possibly
- the VMP version of Gorillaz - Demon Days It was cut hot as they say, however with the right needle it just comes alive.
- 30th Anniversary 45rpm remaster of Inxs - Kick

So this got me thinking about the worst, and not worst music mind you but noisy pressings. In fact i sent one back and the second was the same and i kept it because i love the album.

Avett Brothers - The Carpenter - Noisy and no reason for it to be a double LP. 3 songs on each side at 33rpm is annoying.

I can't pick one, but here's a short list:

Everything Mondo in my collection
Shenmue OST
TVotR - Seeds
QotSA - ...Like Clockwork
Ben Webster - Stormy Weather

I honestly haven't had a ton of issues with audio quality oveall. A few that sound less than ideal, but otherwise even the old dirty ones that I got secondhand sound great.

So many good choices in this thread!

If I had to narrow mine down to just the top 3 best sounding they would be:

Alice In Chains - Unplugged (MoFi)
Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage (Music Matters Jazz 45rpm)
Led Zeppelin - II (Super Deluxe edition Box)

The sonic quality of all three takes my breath away almost every time I hear them. Beautiful

Back