Best Music of 2021

Found a new chart maker to replace topsters2... testing it here with my "Best Of 2021 So Far List". Albums presented in a loose order (could change depending on my mood).

App has some bugs (like it won't show the downloaded cover for Sault in the png file but it shows up in the browser). If you're interested in trying it out: Chartr.

View attachment 115677
This is so great to see. ❤️

Thank you!

Found a new chart maker to replace topsters2... testing it here with my "Best Of 2021 So Far List". Albums presented in a loose order (could change depending on my mood).

App has some bugs (like it won't show the downloaded cover for Sault in the png file but it shows up in the browser). If you're interested in trying it out: Chartr.

View attachment 115677

The Coral and Matthew E White! Two artists I love and whose albums I have managed to completely miss. I blame too many second hand Japanese records 😂

I’ll have to get onto giving those both a listen!

The Coral and Matthew E White! Two artists I love and whose albums I have managed to completely miss. I blame too many second hand Japanese records 😂

I’ll have to get onto giving those both a listen!

I especially love love love the new one by The Coral. The new Matthew E White is all over the place and weird, but it scratches an itch (warning though, I went through two copies of that Matthew White LP on black vinyl and both had the same non-fill in track 1 so I returned both).

I especially love love love the new one by The Coral. The new Matthew E White is all over the place and weird, but it scratches an itch (warning though, I went through two copies of that Matthew White LP on black vinyl and both had the same non-fill in track 1 so I returned both).

I’ll definitely give it a stream with the intention to buy in the new year then! I’ve been listening to their debut a lot since they announced the 20th anniversary edition for next march and it 100% still stands up!

I really liked Matthew E Whites first too, especially the spacebomb house band but all of the place and weird can be good too…

The only time you have to enter manually is when you use the URL trick to directly add an image (like I did for the Sault LP because the album didn't show in my search... but this is buggy).
I've updated it to the show the album titles 😁

So (sorry to the non-Taylor Swift fans), can we include Fearless and/or Red on year-end lists? They are complete re-recordings. Are they technically new releases, like fully new? Or are they like covers, and exempt from being referred to as new releases?

So (sorry to the non-Taylor Swift fans), can we include Fearless and/or Red on year-end lists? They are complete re-recordings. Are they technically new releases, like fully new? Or are they like covers, and exempt from being referred to as new releases?

I don’t think that we’ve ever had hard and fast rules but personally I’d not put them on, it’s not new music but of course ymmv.

ok...heading into the home-stretch...this is kinda where I'm at, though certain to be some movement as we wind down toward the season of @Woob_woob Lists:

1. shame - Drunk Tank Pink
2. Goat Girl - On All Fours
3. Atmosphere - WORD?
4. Black Country, New Road - For the First Time
5. F.S. Blumm+Nils Frahm - 2X1=4
6. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
7. Czarface+MF Doom - Super What?
8. The Polish Ambassador - Secrets of a Psychedelic Homestead
9. Floating Points+Pharaoh Sanders - Promises
10. DARKSIDE - Spiral
11. Bowerbirds - becalmyounglovers
12. Nick Cave+Warren Ellis - Carnage
13. Modest Mouse - The Golden Casket
14. James Blake - Friends that Break Your Heart
15. Dave - We're All Alone in this Together
16. The Weather Station - Ignorance
17. Madlib - Sound Ancestors
18. Sunburned Hand of the Man - Pick a Day to Die
19. Japanese Breakfast - Jubilee
20. Mdou Moctar - Afrique Victime
21. Durand Jones and the Indications - Private Space
actually...giving a more thorough listen today...Dave gonna end up a lot higher. a lot higher. damn.

I'll allow them on the year end megalist, but I won't like it.

Been playing around with Chartr. .

Here's a couple tips:

1) Change the album "Search Provider" database to "Discogs" to get way more hits (default is "iTunes"). Do that under the settings wheel button on the top left.

2) You can save your file and restore it later by using the "Backup/Restore" button at the top right. The file doesn't automatically save to cache.

Been playing around with Chartr. .

Here's a couple tips:

1) Change the album "Search Provider" database to "Discogs" to get way more hits (default is "iTunes"). Do that under the settings wheel button on the top left.

2) You can save your file and restore it later by using the "Backup/Restore" button at the top right. The file doesn't automatically save to cache.
You can also connect it to your Spotify account where it will feature top albums and top tracks from the last 4 months.

Back