Best Emo-Era Records on Vinyl

najourdan

Interested in seeing which LPs from the emo variety people love and recommend!? There have been a lot of color variant re-issues lately to stir the nostalgia.

Interested in seeing which LPs from the emo variety people love and recommend!? There have been a lot of color variant re-issues lately to stir the nostalgia.

I actually don’t have much of what I would describe as “emo” but I will always have a soft spot for the get up kids - something so write home about which still gets a regular spin.
I picked up a few of their reissues a few years ago when Vagrant repressed a bunch of stuff for their 20th anniversary. Eudora, Guilt Show & On a Wire.

Oh yeah and Clarity by Jimmy! How could I forget that one

Last edited:
I actually don’t have much of what I would describe as “emo” but I will always have a soft spot for the get up kids - something so write home about which still gets a regular spin.
I picked up a few of their reissues a few years ago when Vagrant repressed a bunch of stuff for their 20th anniversary. Eudora, Guilt Show & On a Wire.

I was a 4 Minute Mile fan for the Get Up Kids.

My recommendations would be Frame and Canvas by Braid (who I actually saw playing with the Get Up Kids) and Nothing Feels Good by The Promise Ring. Had a look and both are pretty cheap on Discogs. I'd also throw Orange Rhyming Dictionary by Jets to Brazil in there.

American Football - Self-titled
Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary and LP2
The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl, Mare Vitalis
Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) - What it Takes to Move Forward

PHISH - STORY OF THE GHOST LIMITED EDITION 2 LP BLACK AND RED VINYL - Release date: 8/28/2020

Since you're posting things that have already been posted in here, but from other retailers, I decided to connect some dots.

Based on your name, your location, and the only links you're posting, you are clearly Travis Jourdan, Founder of Vinylmnky, which, according to your linkedin page, operates out of

127 E. Riverside Dr.
Austin, TX 78704, US

Aside from Vinylmnky links, the only other post was this one introductory comment, before you went straght into spamming your own company on they sly

This is an actual community here. Please don't come in with a "hello fellow kids" post about how you love emo, as some weak Trojan horse to play Donnie Brasco with your spam links.

We have people like @Edd from Wax Buyers Club on here, and @Plaid Room / Colemine , but they are very transparent about who they are. If you guys are dropping some sort of exclusive, that's cool; let us know. That's Story Of The Ghost repress is everywhere. There's also a section for vinyl clubs on here. This just isn't the way to go about it.

Since you're posting things that have already been posted in here, but from other retailers, I decided to connect some dots.

Based on your name, your location, and the only links you're posting, you are clearly Travis Jourdan, Founder of Vinylmnky, which, according to your linkedin page, operates out of

127 E. Riverside Dr.
Austin, TX 78704, US

Aside from Vinylmnky links, the only other post was this one introductory comment, before you went straght into spamming your own company on they sly

This is an actual community here. Please don't come in with a "hello fellow kids" post about how you love emo, as some weak Trojan horse to play Donnie Brasco with your spam links.

We have people like @Edd from Wax Buyers Club on here, and @Plaid Room / Colemine , but they are very transparent about who they are. If you guys are dropping some sort of exclusive, that's cool; let us know. That's Story Of The Ghost repress is everywhere. There's also a section for vinyl clubs on here. This just isn't the way to go about it.
I think by his photo/name he may actually be Nick Jourdan. The co-founder is Travis. I pointed this out the other day when he tried to post an "album for sale" in the marketplace - it was just a link to an item for sale on their website (The Waterfall II, I believe). Took two seconds to figure it out based on, at that time, 2 posts (both of which were items for sale on that site) and a YouTube vid where the founders are interviewed.

I'm assuming the mods deleted it out of the marketplace, which is 100% the right move as the marketplace shouldn't be an advertising swamp. Regardless, spot on summary of the ickiness with which these posts ooze.

I think by his photo/name he may actually be Nick Jourdan. The co-founder is Travis. I pointed this out the other day when he tried to post an "album for sale" in the marketplace - it was just a link to an item for sale on their website (The Waterfall II, I believe). Took two seconds to figure it out based on, at that time, 2 posts (both of which were items for sale on that site) and a YouTube vid where the founders are interviewed.

I'm assuming the mods deleted it out of the marketplace, which is 100% the right move as the marketplace shouldn't be an advertising swamp. Regardless, spot on summary of the ickiness with which these posts ooze.

Oh, sorry! You're right. I actually wound up figuring that out and correcting it, but I reposted this over in the pre-order thread, where it was originally intended to go. I couldn't figure out why it never posted, but now realize that I accidentally just posted it in here.

Last edited:

Oh dude, Get Up Kids for sure! The Early November and Minus The Bear are on my list. Not sure if they would be classified as "Emo" but ya know...

127 E. Riverside Dr.
Austin, TX 78704, US

Yes, I am Nick from Vinylmnky. This thread is not intended as a "Trojan horse" as you say but a genuine post for my love of all things Emo and vinyl. I also wanted to share new pre-orders in the Pre-Order thread as well as become an active member of the community here, which is why I started a thread here. Not trying to spam upon you all. Still learning the community rule here guys, so I apologize for the ooze.

Back