Basic Integrated Advice ?

B

Black Sheep Audio

I am rebuilding a basic system and thinking about starting with the Yamaha 301 thats gets good reviews, any thought ?

Vintage is another option but someone told be vintage gear always seems to have a issue.

I have Roon, Audirvana for streaming and flac, a vintage Dual TT & KLH speakers raring to go I picked up locally.

I am rebuilding a basic system and thinking about starting with the Yamaha 301 thats gets good reviews, any thought ?

Vintage is another option but someone told be vintage gear always seems to have a issue.

I have Roon, Audirvana for streaming and flac, a vintage Dual TT & KLH speakers raring to go I picked up locally.
Another option is the NAD C 316bee V2 integrated amp. I have one, it's simple and built to last, provides 40 wpc (conservatively rated), and has a decent built-in phono stage for your Dual.
Safe and Sound has factory refurbs for only $314, which is a terrific deal.

Make sure to check Craig’s list for vintage amp. You might be surprised

Vintage is definitely an option but as someone that went through A LOT of vintage gear over the years, just be very careful. I love the look of vintage gear and some of it sounds nice, but I'll never go back.

At your price point, I'd go with the Yamaha... or any other major brand. They'll all be pretty similar. So long as they have the features you want/need, theyll more or less all be a good choice. (NAD, Marantz, Yamaha, etc)

Back