Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Apparently, the Long Winters records were not paid for, meaning that they did not commence production-- they don't exist, apparently.

View attachment 197112

Interesting that we'll be getting the black wax that Barsuk's issuing before Bandbox even puts these in print (if they ever do, lmao.)

Seemed they were constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I talked to someone at the pressing plant for the Long Winters albums. They shipped them to bandbox’s warehouse in Jan. The plant pressed the barsuk black and the bandbox color variants. But I think they are still on the big list of creditors and a bit unsure if they will ever get sent out since they were just sitting in bandbox's warehouse. It seemed they couldn't even pay the shipping to get those out to those who ordered them. Or they used that gift card money to try to get other records shipped to them.
Are those long winters records the schroedingers cat of record collectors which do and do not exist in a warehouse somewhere ?

Are those long winters records the schroedingers cat of record collectors which do and do not exist in a warehouse somewhere ?
the bandbox ones are apparently in bandbox’s warehouse which I assume means will be seized as assets for the creditors. The other albums that were pressed and NOT sent to bandbox are a different story…those may not be bandbox’s property since they never paid for them. So it’ll be interesting to see if those eventually make their way out to those who bought them. The guy who runs the pressing plant that has 8 bandbox titles sitting there said he’s trying to organize something to send them out if people just pay shipping or something like that…

Barsuk has the black ones in their possession

This isn't going to help me but it is good to hear there is a possibility for some folks out there. Damn they some crooked ass folks if they were having huge sales knowing that they were going under.
I imagine that they kept thinking they could dig themselves out of a hole…but yea wild. They owed the one pressing plant that pressed Luna Rendezvous something $25k. And they weren’t the biggest creditor

I imagine that they kept thinking they could dig themselves out of a hole…but yea wild. They owed the one pressing plant that pressed Luna Rendezvous something $25k. And they weren’t the biggest creditor
They worst part is that a lot of their creditors looked like loan companies. So they owed everybody seemingly.

This isn't going to help me but it is good to hear there is a possibility for some folks out there. Damn they some crooked ass folks if they were having huge sales knowing that they were going under.
Which ones were you waiting on again? They also did Kurt Vile, Judas Priest and a few others and have those in their pressing plant warehouse still

Which ones were you waiting on again? They also did Kurt Vile, Judas Priest and a few others and have those in their pressing plant warehouse still

The Beths
Barbie (which seems to have been pressed)
Mt Joy
Elliott Smith (Weren't these pressed as well)
The Weather Station - The Line
HC McEntire
Kurt Vile

Even if they sold them to us for $5-10 +shipping, I'd pay that to get what I ordered.
The pressing plant dude was trying to sort out how to get these to the customers possibly for the price of shipping and handling if you show proof of purchase. But think they have to sort through a lot of stuff first…they’d have to get permission from the bands who are already owed money, need to make sure they technically aren’t property of bandbox, etc.

The pressing plant dude was trying to sort out how to get these to the customers possibly for the price of shipping and handling if you show proof of purchase. But think they have to sort through a lot of stuff first…they’d have to get permission from the bands who are already owed money, need to make sure they technically aren’t property of bandbox, etc.
I imagine this process could take a while.

Even if they sold them to us for $5-10 +shipping, I'd pay that to get what I ordered.
I would be willing to do that.

They must have been doing okay until last fall with paying bills. Then it all started to collapse. That was why they started to sell heavily discounted BadBux; couldn't borrow anymore cash.

Back