Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Got word on Elliot Smith and Baseball Project,
They have the albums but not the zines.

Edit: no mention of Rendezvous
This was the early December update on Elliott Smith.

In my opinion, they should send the Zines separately if/when they are holding up shipping for 6+ weeks. I feel like Bandbox is in a vicious cycle of offering ridiculous sales to draw folks back in, while at the same time pushing many away with their continual delays of promised shipping dates (paired with limited communication, unless you reach out to Pam). Not a winning formula for longevity, I would say.

Just offer great service and deliver on your promises, and you can actually charge market prices! I know it's easier said than done, but it's also not as hard as they are making it on themselves.

I should probably ask them to go ahead and ship bob and judas without the zines before I lose access to this email. The bob doesn't bother me too much, I used a coupon, but I did actually spend money on Judas.

This was the early December update on Elliott Smith.

In my opinion, they should send the Zines separately if/when they are holding up shipping for 6+ weeks. I feel like Bandbox is in a vicious cycle of offering ridiculous sales to draw folks back in, while at the same time pushing many away with their continual delays of promised shipping dates (paired with limited communication, unless you reach out to Pam). Not a winning formula for longevity, I would say.

Just offer great service and deliver on your promises, and you can actually charge market prices! I know it's easier said than done, but it's also not as hard as they are making it on themselves.
I almost bought their exclusive variant of Lissies last album. When I was asking when it would ship they said the vinyl could be shipped out separately from the zine. Then I gave the album a listen and decided I didn't like the album as much as I thought I would and I only ordered it because they were offering a special preorder discount for the album and I knew that I wouldn't want to buy the album at full price. I decided to cancel the album and buy a different album that I wanted more. I'm glad I realized that I only ordered it because of fomo and decided to cancel my order because I got something that I was happier with elsewhere.

@jamieanderson1968 and any other folks who ordered Live Rendezvous

EDIT: From the Dean Wareham e-mail I received:

Bandbox released these on colored vinyl and I know some of you ordered and received your LPs already, though apparently there was a delay with Live Rendezvous and the reason is this: it was pressed on “whiskey smoke” vinyl and they had a hard time getting hold of the right color vinyl pellets. So I am told. Anyway Live Rendezvous and Live Bewitched are sold out on their site but we ordered 100 band-exclusive copies of each album on clear vinyl – these are for us to sell at shows, which we have been doing, but we're putting the remaining copies in our online store.

EDIT 2: LOL at the "So I am told."

@jamieanderson1968 and any other folks who ordered Live Rendezvous

EDIT: From the Dean Wareham e-mail I received:

Bandbox released these on colored vinyl and I know some of you ordered and received your LPs already, though apparently there was a delay with Live Rendezvous and the reason is this: it was pressed on “whiskey smoke” vinyl and they had a hard time getting hold of the right color vinyl pellets. So I am told. Anyway Live Rendezvous and Live Bewitched are sold out on their site but we ordered 100 band-exclusive copies of each album on clear vinyl – these are for us to sell at shows, which we have been doing, but we're putting the remaining copies in our online store.

EDIT 2: LOL at the "So I am told."
Funny was just coming here to post this. I know that it will ship eventually but I doubt I would ever order from Bandbox again.

This got added then promptly removed last night. Got my order in before it got taken down and the 2k24 code applied.

Weird that department of eagles disappeared and never came back but I ordered that one too
This is the first I have heard of Dept of Eagles getting pressed by Bandbox. Which record was it?

Back